| It's taking longer than I calculated.|
This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Killing enemies grants experience towards the weapon used for the kill, and all kills grant experience towards your warframe. Missions give bonus experience upon completion equal to ~50% of all normal exp gained through mission.
If an enemy was killed by a weapon, experience is equally distributed between the weapon used to kill the enemy and your Warframe. If an enemy was killed with a Warframe ability, your Warframe will gain all the experience (exceptions are Nyx's Mind Control and Chaos and Specters which do not give players any experience, and Nekros's Shadows of the Dead which gives the player's Warframe 50% of the kill experience).
Some examples to illustrate how this works:
- Suppose a player kills an enemy that grants 300 experience with a Warframe ability. He will gain 300 Warframe experience.
- Suppose a player kills an enemy that grants 200 experience with his Primary. He will gain 100 Primary experience and 100 Warframe experience.
Most abilities give experience equal to the base energy cost of the ability. Experience gained this way is distributed across all equipped items, and the same amount is given to your companion.
Whenever any member of the team kills an enemy, nearby teammates (up to ~50m away) will gain full experience from that kill. It does not matter what that team member used to kill the enemy with (Warframe ability or weapon). This experience is divided among their Warframe and weapons: 25% is given to their Warframe, and the remaining 75% is split between their equipped weapons.
Some examples to illustrate how this works:
- Suppose Player A kills an enemy with his Warframe ability, and the enemy was worth 500 experience.
- Player A will receive the 500 Warframe experience, while his weapons receive none.
- Player B, who has all Primary, Secondary and Melee weapons equipped, with receive 125 Warframe experience, 125 Primary experience, 125 Secondary experience, and 125 Melee experience.
- Player C, who only has a Melee weapon equipped, will receive 125 Warframe experience and 375 Melee experience.
Team Bonus ExperienceEdit
Bonus experience is gained at the end of a mission completion. It is shown as an additional gold bar on your mission end screen. Quitting a mission revokes your bonus experience. All bonus experience listed below gets a bonus based on number of team mates, solo it appears to be 25%. You gain bonus experience based on mission type, number of additional team members and other attributes:
- Kills: You get a bonus 50% experience from all kills at the end of mission.
- Unspent energy: 1 exp for every 1 unspent energy at the end of the mission.
- Lockdown: 50 exp - normal (25% bonus at end of mission -13 experience).
- Hostage (Mission Type and Secondary objective): 100 exp - normal (25% bonus).
- Number of Team Members: Requires investigation.
- Perfect Run: No deaths? No Detection? Requires investigation.
- Affinity Orbs: Affinity orbs grant you 100 experience to your warframe and weapons. It isn't subject to bonus.
- Affinity Booster: This is a store bought booster than doubles ALL affinity gains, including end of match bonus.
- Mastery Rank Test: 50 exp or 100 exp (depends on the test).
Extermination, Assassination, Spy & Sabotage mission types give no bonus experience for completion.
(Still need to check the rest of mission types. There is no penalty (yet) for deaths & revivals in missions. Must check bonus xp for team mate revivals.)
Experience gained by Companions functions in a similar way to Warframes and weapons. Kills by your Companion will add to your experience as well. Companions will gain experience from the following sources:
- Precept kills (100% to Companion)
- Precept casts (100% to Companion, sometimes indicated by a XX Power pop-up when a precept is used)
- Sentinel weapon kills (50% to Sentinel weapon, 50% to the Sentinel)
- Ally kills (Sentinel: split equally between the Sentinel and its weapon, Kubrow: 100% to Kubrow)
Sentinels will not gain experience from the following sources:
- Your Warframe ability kills (100% to your Warframe)
- Your weapon kills
Enemy Experience ScalingEdit
Killing an enemy nets you experience, which is shown on screen as a number underlined in blue. To determine the scaling of enemy experience values, use this formula:
Total_experience = 0.1425 * base_exp * (current level)^0.5 + base_exp
- Base Exp: the base experience value for the enemy.
- Current Level: the level of your target enemy.
As one could already anticipate when seeing the formula, the experience earned when killing high level enemies is quite low in relation to the amount of experience you get for low level kills. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would grant 1213 exp, which is less than twice the exp you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" experience is by far easier when killing a lot of low level enemies rather than trying to withstand enormously good ones. Additionally, after the enemy level compression, you essentially receive 50% less affinity for harder enemies. (A level 50 enemy now is essentially the same difficulty as the old level 100 enemy, but you only get affinity for a level 50 enemy). Play low level enemies in great numbers if you want to farm xp.
- Fully ranked equipment still accumulates experience even though the mission end screen does not display it. The total experience can be seen from a player's profile page.
|General||Clan • Credits • Foundry • Idle Animations • Key Bindings • Login Rewards • Mastery Rank • Mods • Platinum • Player Ship • Polarization • Transmutation • Weapon Types|
|Gameplay||Accuracy • Damage • Hacking • Fire Rate • Maneuvers • Melee • Pickups • Punch Through • Recoil • Status Effect • Stealth • Threat Level|
|Mission||Alert (Tactical) • Cell • Challenge Reward • Death Mark • Game Modes • Tile Sets • Missions|
|Mathematical||Affinity • Armor • Damage • Experience • Maximization • Warframe Attributes • User Research|