The Explosive Barrel is an environment object that can be seen all throughout every map of the game. These objects can take damage from any source, either from the Tenno or their enemies.
These explosives are conveniently placed allowing the players to deal significant damage to a group of enemies whenever attacks are considered ineffective.
Exploded barrels will do damage to enemies, players, and other objects, including nearby crates or Sensor Bars.
- These explosives do around 250 - 300 Blast damage.
- As having the health type of "Object", explosive barrels do not take critical damage, instead they only receive regular damage.
Large Exploding BarrelEdit
These are larger than normal barrels with extra bracing on their exterior. These barrels not only deal more damage than the normal explosive barrel, but are also situated in places where their destruction can destroy the surrounding environment, opening up new pathways or secret rooms. These barrels can currently be found on the Corpus Ship, Corpus Ice Planet, grineer Sealab in a specific room that can be reached by jumping in a hole of water near a stair, kuva fortress or Infested Ship tilesets.
Cryogenic Exploding BarrelEdit
Found only on the Corpus Outpost, Corpus Ship and Corpus Ice Planet tilesets, these white and silver versions of the standard explosive barrel deal Cold damage that can freeze anything caught in its blast.
- The Corpus and the Grineer have these barrels on their ships and outposts, but since Update 13, the Grineer have their own version, with Grineer writing on it.
- The script on the Explosive Barrel, is translated to BEECLOUD, a well-known Corpus trademark.
- Whenever exploded, there is a chance that there will be a cloud that can surround you if you're to be caught in the explosion radius/zone and will last until the player finishes the mission.