Feral Kavats are the wild, cat-like creatures stalking around on any Orokin Derelict tileset, feeding on Infested flesh. They are patient hunters, waiting to ambush unsuspecting prey, Tenno, Grineer, and Corpus alike, that stumbles upon them.
- They attack by swarming and charging at enemies, attempting to run them down while slashing at them. Kavat may also slash with their claws at stationary targets.
- Kavat stay cloaked until an enemy either approaches them too close, or until the room is alerted due to an attack upon an infested. Attacking non-infested/Kavat units in a room will not trigger aggression.
- Cloaked Kavat will not be seen by an Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar style mod. However, looking through a Codex Scanner or Synthesis Scanner will show them.
- Cloaked Kavat can be seen in-game. They have an animation that looks similar to a Loki's Invisibility, using an orange energy color.
- When Kavats lose aggression, they will return to this cloaked state automatically.
- Kavats cannot attack you while cloaked; their aggression will de-activate their own cloaking ability.
- Kavats will become passive temporarily when near Oberon as a result of his passive, even after scanning them. For more tips see Kavat_Genetic_Code#Gathering Tips.
- Kavat can jump onto nearby walls or other flat surfaces and jump off of them to attack enemies. They may also do this for traversing terrain, letting them wall jump while cloaked.
- Kavat never spawn alone. Usually there are somewhere between two and six in a group. Using this to their advantage, Kavat will usually try to surround an enemy with one charging from the front and the others attacking from the sides of the enemy.