Feral Kavats, also known as Moonless Kavats, are the wild, feline-like creatures stalking around on any Orokin Derelict tileset, feeding on Infested flesh. They are patient hunters, waiting to ambush unsuspecting prey, Tenno, Grineer, and Corpus alike, that stumbles upon them.
- They attack by swarming and charging at enemies, chasing them down while slashing at them. Kavats may also slash with their claws at stationary targets.
- They prefer to stay cloaked until an enemy either approaches them or until the room is alerted due to an attack upon an infested. Attacking non-infested/Kavat units in a room will not trigger aggression.
- Any Kavat that is cloaked will not be seen by Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar. However, looking through a Codex Scanner or Synthesis Scanner will show them.
- Cloaked Kavats can be seen in-game. They have an animation that looks similar to a Loki's Invisibility, using an orange energy color.
- When Kavats lose aggression, they will return to this cloaked state automatically.
- Kavats cannot attack you while cloaked; their aggression will de-activate their own cloaking ability.
- Kavat can jump onto nearby walls or other flat surfaces and jump off of them to attack enemies. They may also do this for traversing terrain, letting them wall jump while cloaked.
- Kavats never spawns alone. Usually, there are somewhere between two and six in a group. Using this to their advantage, Kavat will usually try to surround an enemy with one charging from the front and the others attacking from the sides of the enemy.
- During certain missions of the Sands of Inaros questline, many Feral Kavats will spawn, allowing for some easy Kavat Genetic Code.
- Their genetic skin can be randomly sold by beastmaster Teasonai of the Ostron for a set of Plains of Eidolon resources.
- Feral Kavats can hunt and kill Operators while they are cloaked in void mode.