|Alloy pellets used in Grineer manufacturing.|
The following items require Ferrite for creation:
|Dual Heat Swords||Melee||850|
|Frost Prime Chassis||Component||1,000|
|Dagger Axe (Zoren)||Skin||650|
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the materials.
- After Update 10 the easiest and fastest way to farm Ferrite is Appolodorus on Mercury, about 1000 ferrite for every 5 minutes.
- Eurasia (in Earth , Mobile Defense) 700-1000 drop. It is an extremely easy way to obtain Ferrite, as enemies are low leveled and the enemy faction is Infested.
- Caloris, Mercury was best place to gather Ferrite prior to Update 10 -- normally getting between 200 to 1000 a run. Since this level is a low-level exterminate mission with around 50 enemies, you can easily clear the map out, loot the lockers and containers in short order. This allows you to rack up a huge amount of Ferrite quickly.
- Ferrite can be effectively gathered in large quantities in Neptune, especially on the Mobile Defense Mission Larissa.
- Thalassa has a large number of storage lockers (although some can't be opened without master thief) . While Larissa is a mobile defense mission, the amount of mobs spawned in it are much lower than that of Sedna's Kappa. Thalassa has a higher concentration of mobs and also contains a high amount of storage containers and lockers, which also have a chance to drop ferrite.
- Also, Proteus in Neptune has a high drop rate of ferrite. Another endless defense, but this time with infested. There are also tons of containers, and a speed run to wave 5 can yield 200+ ferrite in a matter of minutes.
- Lua (Mobile Defense) of Earth is good place for farming too, as a combination of Exp and Ferrite.
- Despina, also on Neptune, is also a very efficient place to farm Ferrite. You are likely to get near 500 ferrite on almost every run.(Confirmed)
- Tolstoj on Mercury. After you confirm your presence to the enemy, find safe spot, ALT+TAB, go back after 5-10 minutes, kill all, repeat - profit! Alternatively, just clean whole map without waiting. Every third resource drop is ferrite (70-92).
- Post Update 9, M Prime is still a viable place to farm Ferrite. It will yield anywhere from 400 Ferrite minimum to over 900 a run. Break open all the containers and open all the lockers to achieve maximum possible yield. Master Thief will be of help in achieving as much loot as possible. (Confirmed)
- Real-world ferrite is a scientific name for alpha-iron or pure iron. It is used in carbon-iron alloys.
- Oddly, ferrite has two Corpus alphabets branded to it, which vaguely says Ga which is the chemical formula of Gallium, instead of Fe.
- This could be due to that the image for ferrite is a re-texture of gallium.
|By purchasing this item you can directly exchange 30 for 3000 Ferrite.|
|Common||Ferrite • Nano Spores • Polymer Bundle • Salvage|
|Uncommon||Alloy Plate • Circuits • Plastids • Rubedo|
|Rare||Control Module • Gallium • Morphics • Neural Sensors • Neurodes • Orokin Cell|
|Research||Detonite Ampule • Fieldron Sample • Mutagen Sample|