The Ferrox is a Corpus Spear Gun introduced and wielded by Index broker Derim Zahn. Its Alternate Fire tosses the Ferrox as far as 50 meters, creating an electric field where it lands and pulls enemies towards it. It is available for research in the Energy Lab of the Clan Dojo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Energy Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage on primary fire.
- Alternate fire has high physical damage on direct impacts with enemies.
- Primary fire projectiles are hitscan.
- Innate 1.5 meter punch-through.
- Able to be thrown to crowd control multiple enemies with a localized field of attraction.
- Enemies will be dealt 150 Electricity when trapped in said field.
- High critical chance and critical damage multiplier.
- Extremely ammo efficient – draws from the rifle ammo pool.
- Very short charge time before firing compared to other charged weapons such as bows, equal to the MK1-Paris and bested only by the Javlok and the Rakta Cernos.
- Comes with a and slot.
- Killed enemies are vaporized, making it good for stealth when silenced.
- Unlike the Javlok, the Ferrox cannot fire with a partial charge.
- The weapon fires as soon as it has reached a full charge which can lead to premature firing.
- Once the Ferrox is thrown, the player will not be able to use it until it is either picked up or when it returns to the player's hands.
- Alt-fire has slow projectile speed, low damage, ticks slowly, and cannot crit.
- The Ferrox' alternate fire throws the weapon itself at the target, and upon landing on a surface arcs of electricity will emit from the Ferrox and chain to any nearby enemies, dealing 150 Electricity damage every 5 seconds with a moderate chance to proc. Enemies under this effect will also be passively dragged towards the Ferrox.
- The damage's tick rate is affected by fire rate mods.
- Multishot neither increases the tick's damage nor rate.
- Currently, reaching 100% status on the alt-fire does not guarantee procs; it is more in line with the normal attack's status chance.
- The Ferrox automatically teleports back to the player's hand 20 seconds after being thrown, or until the player manually picks the Ferrox back up again.
- Throwing the weapon does not consume ammo.
- The Ferrox' alt-fire has a maximum throwing range of ~50m (though it may be displayed as slightly less due to the forward movement of the player when throwing the weapon).
- The arc Ferrox will take when thrown is affected by both the angle of the throw as well as how much the throw was charged.
- Throwing distance can be increased with flight speed modifiers (e.g. Terminal Velocity and Zephyr's Jet Stream Augment).
- Unlike the Javlok, the Ferrox' alt-fire will not damage its user when thrown too close.
- If the Ferrox is silenced using Hush, Hushed Invisibility, or Banshee's passive ability, its alt-fire will not alert enemies when dragging and dealing damage to them.
- Enemies killed by the primary or damage from the secondary attack will vaporize, similar to channeled kills by melee weapons. This makes it very viable for stealth, as long as the weapon is silenced or Hushed Invisibility is used.
- This only occurs if the enemy was the last in the line of a primary shot. If a Ferrox shot kills multiple enemies at once due to punchthrough, not all targets will be vaporized.
- It is not recommended to install Heavy Caliber as the accuracy will greatly deviate leading to inaccurate shots even with the secondary fire.
- This weapon's decent critical chance and damage multiplier make critical builds using Point Strike and Vital Sense good options.
- When applying additional elements to the Ferrox, its alt-fire will proc them periodically; as with other weapons with an elemental base, Electricity will be applied last if there are two or more, other elements modded for, unless an Electricity mod is included in the order.
- Tactical Reload has an effect while the spear is out after alt-fire is used, so it's possible to do seamless reloads this way.
- The Ferrox' alt-fire is very useful as a crowd control tool in Survival missions, as its tethering arcs may stun enemies with Electricity procs and also pull them together in a close lump.
- It is further amplified on corridors where enemies pass through frequently.
- Grenade-type secondary weapons such as Angstrum and Kulstar or thrown secondaries with Concealed Explosives are good choices when using the Ferrox in this manner.
- This will also help squadmates with launcher-type primaries such as Zarr and Tonkor.
- The bodies of enemies killed by this weapon disintegrate in a manner similar to channeled Melee kills.
- Has the same aesthetic as the Ohma tonfas and Quaro armor set.
- Derim Zahn, a broker in The Index that uses this weapon.
- Javlok, the Grineer counterpart.
- Ohma, a Tonfa-type weapon that shares the same theme.