Focus Lenses are special items that convert a specific percentage of Affinity earned on a fully leveled gear (Rank 30) to Focus points. Focus points accumulated can be spent on upgrading or unlocking Focus abilities. A single Focus Lens can be installed on a fully leveled Warframe, Weapon, Archwing, Arch-weapons, and gilded Amp. If an item currently equipped with a Focus Lens is polarized, it will need to be fully leveled back to continue earning Focus points.
Focus Points have a daily limit of 250,000, which scales with at the rate of 5,000 additional cap per Mastery Rank. This limit resets at 00:00 UTC.
Type of LensEdit
Regular Focus Lenses convert 1.25% of excess affinity earned into Focus points. These lenses can be acquired as rewards from Bounties (level 20-40 and 30-50) offered by Konzu in Cetus on the Plains of Eidolon. Alternatively, they can also be traded between players.
Greater Lenses convert 1.75% of excess Affinity into Focus points, 40.0% more than the regular Focus Lens. Blueprints can be bought with credits from the Components section of the Market upon completing The Second Dream quest, with complete Greater Lenses purchasable for 40. Greater Lenses cannot be traded.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 40||Blueprints Price: 200,000|
Eidolon Lenses convert 2.25% of excess Affinity into Focus points, 28.5% more than a Greater Focus Lens and 80.0% more than a regular Focus lens. Their blueprints can be obtained from Bounties, or traded between players. Similarly, Eidolon Lens Conversions are blueprints with a similar function, acquired from Incursions. Crafted Eidolon Lenses that have been attributed to a school can be traded between players.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
The school of Focus earned is determined by which school of lens that is installed (i.e. installing a Naramon Lens on a Warframe will earn Naramon Focus). Focus points as mechanics which pertain Affinity distribution are as follows:
- Warframe-power kills award Affinity directly (100% to the Warframe) without any further distribution, fully converting the Focus through the Lens attached on to the Warframe.
- Weapon kills distribute Affinity evenly (50% to the Warframe, 50% to the weapon) between the killing weapon and Warframe. If the Warframe does not have a Lens installed, this results in a loss since the Warframe is unable to convert excess affinity.
- Allied kills distributes Affinity non-linearly. 25% goes to the Warframe and the remaining 75% shared among all equipped weapons. If a Rank-30 weapon does not contain a Focus Lens, it will not convert any affinity obtained from ally kills into Focus points.
There are multiple types of Focus Lenses of varying effectiveness available, which can be acquired from different sources.
- ↑ Assuming only one weapon equipped for simplicity. Total focus is the same if all weapons have lenses. If some weapons have no lens or a mix of greater and lesser weapon lenses is used an intermediate amount of focus will be earned.