This shape-altering component is fundamental to Orokin construction.
The Forma is a resource used to add, remove, or alter a Polarity to a Mod slot to Warframes, weapons, or Companions; add Tiles to a Clan Dojo; or serve as a component in the creation of certain weapons and items.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 20||Blueprint Price: N/A|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
Forma or its blueprint can be:
- Purchased in the market for 20 or 35 for a bundle of 3 Forma.
- Received as a Daily Tribute.
- Blueprint received as an Alert Reward.
- Blueprint can be found in Void Relics.
- Blueprint received as a reward from certain Orokin Derelict missions.
- Blueprint received as a reward from certain Orokin Void missions.
- Blueprint offered as Corpus or Grineer Invasion battlepay.
- Found in Reinforced Orokin storage containers in Orokin Derelict and Orokin Void missions.
- Received as a reward from certain Orokin Void missions.
Note that the blueprint is consumed when the Forma is crafted.
Using Forma on Equipment
To apply a Forma, click Arsenal and equip the desired item. Scroll over the item in the arsenal. Select Action at the bottom of the screen, then choose Polarize, which will show a layout of the item's mod slots and polarities. Click on a slot to cycle through the possible polarities. A slot that already has a polarity (either by default or from a prior polarization) can also be changed.
Forma can only be used on equipment that has already been ranked to 30 and, when used, said equipment is reset to rank 0 (unranked). Warframes and Warframe Skills will be reduced to rank 0. Forma can be used again on already polarized equipment, provided that it is leveled to 30 again. Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors are unaffected by the usage of Forma. Re-leveling equipment after using Forma on it does not grant mastery points.
For each Forma used on equipment, said equipment will gain a star above the name of the equipment starting from the center.
- Oddly enough, players can polarize Aura mod slots with a polarity, despite there currently being no Aura mods with this polarity.
- Similarly, players can also polarize mod slots belonging to non-melee weapons with those polarities as well.
- All syndicates require this to advance to Rank 2, as well as in order to become neutral if the Tenno is hated by the syndicate.
- Forma means "shape" in a variety of languages, including Hungarian, Latin, Polish, Slovakian, Czech, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian.
- The Forma is shaped as a jigsaw piece.
- The prevalence of golden surfaces in Orokin Void levels and on Prime equipment may indicate the use of massive amounts of Forma in their construction. The grey surfaces in the Clan Dojo may be due to Tenno improvising with more mundane materials while copying the Orokin aesthetics. The golden colors of the Orokin Reactor may also be due to the presence of Forma in this construct.