|Type||Crafted / Purchased|
|This shape-altering component is fundamental to Orokin construction.|
The Forma (plural Formae) is a resource used to change, remove or add a Polarity slots to weapons, warframes or sentinels, and add Tiles to a Clan Dojo, or serve as a component in the creation of clan weapons.
Forma or its blueprint can be:
- Purchased in the market for 20.
- Received as a Login Reward.
- Blueprint received as an Alert Reward.
- Blueprint received as a reward from Orokin Void missions.
- Received as a reward from Orokin Void missions.
Note that the blueprint is consumed when the Forma is crafted.
|Build Time||24 hours|
Blueprints Requiring Forma
Using Forma on Equipment
To apply a Forma, click Arsenal and equip the desired item. Scroll over the item in the arsenal. Select UPGRADE next to the item, and click the POLARIZE button in the upper-left corner.
A warning message(Customize this item by Polarizing ONE of the Mod Slots Above (click a slot to cycle Polarity). Choosing Apply will RESET ITEM RANK! Any installed super-charge will remain.) will accompany the interface to change a slot's polarity. Click on a slot to cycle through the possible polarities. A slot that already has a polarity(either by default or from a prior polarization) can also be changed.
Forma can only be used on equipment that has already been ranked to 30 and, when used, said equipment is reset to rank 0 (unranked). Forma can be used again on already polarized equipment, provided that it is leveled to 30 again. Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors are unaffected by the usage of Forma. Re-leveling equipment after using Forma on it does not grant mastery points.
For each Forma used on equipment, said equipment will gain a star on the top right corner under the name of the equipment (only visible when modding). It is unknown if there is any limit on how many stars an item can have or if they will simply go off the edge of the screen.
- Oddly enough, players can polarize weapon and Aura mod slots with a polarity, despite there currently being no Aura mods with that polarity.
- "Forma" means "shape" in Latin.
- The Forma is shaped as a jigsaw piece.
- The prevalence of golden surfaces in Orokin Void levels and on Prime equipment may indicate the use of massive amounts of Formae in their construction. The grey surfaces in the Clan Dojo may be due to Tenno improvising with more mundane materials while copying the Orokin aesthetics. The golden colors of the Orokin Reactor may also be due to the presence of Formae in this construct.