- This mod can be acquired by attaining the rank of General under Steel Meridian, or the rank of Genius under Cephalon Suda, and spending 25,000 to purchase.
- Damage bonus is applied to all weapons and some Warframe abilities (check Smite Infusion notes for further information).
- Cold damage appears to combine with single elements from weapon mods.
- This augment can fuse with other damage augment abilities such as Venom Dose, combining the two to create their associated damage as separate elements (e.g.: If one casts Freeze Force ( Cold) and Venom Dose( Toxin) on a player, the final damage will be Viral).
- Unlike regular Freeze, the augment cast has no AoE and must land directly on the intended target.
- And unlike Fireball Frenzy, the actual projectile needs to hit the target, whereas with Ember's augment the player simply needs to be aiming at the ally during and slightly after the cast, with the fireball homing onto the ally.
- As with all elemental damage boosting augments, it can be cast on Companions, Specters, Mind Controlled enemies, Shadows, Saryn's Molt, Loki's Decoy, Invasion Allies weapons and clones created from Blade Storm.
- When cast on specters or invasion allies it used to provide a cold damage proccing aura around them, giving them more use as the damage increase is always minimal even with high Ability Strength. This was removed by DE with no explanation.
- Recently (around Update 18.9) this feature was mysteriously restored, as well as the freezing aura now affecting allies. Now, allies who have freeze force placed onto them will emit a short range cold aura that will damage enemies and apply cold procs. It is unknown why this feature was returned and buffed.
- And around the Lunaro update, DE stealth nerfed it yet again, and it no longer provides this bonus cold damage aura.
- It was then re-buffed again, and currently is back as of October 7th, 2016.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link in the collapsible menu to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases the duration to 112.8 seconds, freeze duration to 42.3 seconds and ice duration to 33.84 seconds.
- Has no negative effect on this ability/augment.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces the cost to 6.25 energy.
- Reduces the duration to 16 seconds.
- Reduces freeze duration to 6 seconds and ice duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range has no positive effect on this ability/augment.
- Reduces the damage buff to 40%.
- Reduces initial damage to 140 and area damage to 60.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases the damage buff to 299%, initial damage to 1099 and area damage to 471.
- Decreases the duration to 29 seconds.
- Increases the cost to 38.75 energy.
- Reduces freeze duration to 10.875 seconds and ice duration to 8.7 seconds.
- Reduces Frost's shields by 5%.
NOTE: Italic refers to the base ability of this augment