CODEX Entry: Furax
These power gauntlets lack the range of most melee weapons, but FURAX is far more devastating when you strike an enemy in close combat.
Used by Grineer Powerfists, the Furax has a much more limited strike range that manifests as a simple close range thrust, making connecting with an attack slightly more difficult.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000.
- Knockdown on jump attacks, ragdolls enemies.
- High critical chance and damage.
- Deals mostly damage, good against shields.
- Stance slot has polarity, matching Seismic Palm stance.
- Very short range.
- No polarities.
- Main article: Category:Furax Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- Jump attack direct hit deals 35 additional damage.
- Ground Execution attack is a hard punch, followed by a flurry of up to 5 punches. However, damage is dealt only during the first hard punch, with the rest of the punches being purely animation.
- The stealth attack animation with the Furax against Infested Chargers is a suplex wrestling move.
- When using these remember that you must be really close and therefore expect yourself to be vulnerable to staggers, knockdowns and knockbacks.
- Utilize rolling maneuvers to dart in and out from enemy melee range to deliver high-powered attacks.
- Occasionally, you may find it hard to hit an enemy even if they are directly in front of you. This may be a small mesh problem associated with the weapons short range.
- The execution blow has a small AOE which only effects the units slightly overlapping the executed unit.
- Using Reach can effectively aid in hitting targets from slightly further away.
- The groundslam attack knocks enemies down in a small area.
- Furax (fūrax) in Latin means "thieving."
- Furax is used in many Latin names for living things.
- This weapon is used by Grineer Powerfist.
- In accordance to the Grineer Alphabet, it is the only Grineer weapon name that comes with an "X", as this is not normally used by the Grineer.