CODEX Entry: Furax
These power gauntlets lack the range of most melee weapons, but FURAX is far more devastating when you strike an enemy in close combat.
Used by Grineer Powerfists, the Furax has a much more limited strike range that manifests as a simple close range thrust, making connecting with a charged attack slightly more difficult.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000.
This weapon deals mostly Impact damage.
- Knockdown on jump attacks.
- Very short range.
- No polarities.
- Main article: Category:Furax Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- Jump attack direct hit deals 35 additional damage.
- Execution attack damage is a flurry of punches, each dealing around 30 damage. You're immune to knockdown during the time the damage is dealt.
- The stealth attack animation with the Furax against Infested Chargers is a suplex wrestling move.
- When using these remember that you must be really close and therefore expect yourself to be vulnerable to staggers, knockdowns and knockbacks.
- Utilize rolling and charging maneuvers to dart in and out from enemy melee range to deliver high-powered charge attacks.
- Occasionally, you may find it hard to hit an enemy even if they are directly in front of you. This may be a small mesh problem associated with the weapons short range.
- If you're using Ash or Loki, it is recommended to use Smoke Screen/Invisibility and attack with charge attacks. The 100% charged damage increase will bring the Furaxes' up to 300 per charged strike.
- The execution blow has a small AOE which only effects the units slightly overlapping the executed unit.
- Using Reach can effectively aid in hitting targets from slightly further away.
- The groundslam attack knocks enemies down in a small area.
- Furax (fūrax) in Latin means "thieving."
- Furax is used in many Latin names for living things.
- This weapon is used by Grineer Powerfist.
- In accordance to the Grineer Alphabet, it is the only Grineer weapon name that comes with an "X", as this is not normally used by the Grineer.