The Galatine is a heavy greatsword capable of dealing massive damage. Boasting one of the highest damages of the heavy blade class, and the highest speed, the Galatine only falls short in critical chance when compared to others in its class.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price: 25,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High damage.
- Possesses momentum during regular swings, which resists interruption such as stagger or knockdown.
- One polarity slot.
- Relatively large AoE radius with knockdown on jump attack.
- High base status chance.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale stances.
- Fastest attack speed of all Heavy Blade weapons.
- Galatine, compared to the Galatine Prime:
- See Category:Galatine Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Galatine Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Can be used to stun-lock enemies (a characteristic of heavy melee weapons), as well as land easy headshots with its overhead chops.
- As with other heavies, the overhead chops cause small AoE damage.
- In Arthurian Legends, 'Galatine' is the name of the sword given to Sir Gawain by the lady of the lake. It is referred to as the 'Shadow to Excalibur's light'.
- It resembles the Power Sword from He-Man. This was acknowledged by DE in the redtext before the update.
- Upon deploying the hotfix, the redtext feed from DE described the Galatine as "a sword so big your friends might think you're overcompensating for something, while secretly they know you are not".
- The icon displayed shows the Galatine with red energy, but the default energy color is the standard Tenno energy blue.
- Upon selecting the players preference of color, then highlighting your primary, the weapon will appear to have the default color scheme. (UI bug)
- If equipped when using Ash' Bladestorm the Galatine will be used instead of his right wrist-blade. It is currently unknown whether or not this applies to Galatine Prime.