|General Sargas Ruk|
|Main Weapon||Arm Cannon|
|Ability 1||Fire Bombs|
|Ability 2||Fire Blast|
|Mod Drops||Melee Prowess |
General Sargas Ruk is the final boss of the Saturn system. He can be found on the mission Tethys. After defeating him and finishing the mission, you receive either Ember Helmet, Ember Chassis or Ember Systems blueprint. Has a chance to drop an Orokin Cell upon death.
Sargas Ruk appears as a beefy, heavily armored orange cyborg cyclops. He makes extensive use of cybernetic augmentations and amputations. Notably, his right arm is replaced with a flamethrower-type weapon.
General Sargas Ruk, like other bosses, has unique taunts and quotes. They can be found in the "Quotes" tab at the top.
- His weakspots don't have a damage cap when exposed, allowing players to quickly progress through the phases.
- He is one of the two bosses that directly talk to the player in English, the other being Alad V.
- Ironically, despite General Sargas Ruk has blistering armor on his weapon components in battle, the Codex indicates that he has no armor at all.
- Sargas Ruk is the third boss to receive a complete overhaul, after Captain Vor and Lieutenant Lech Kril.
- Pre-Update 9, Sargas Ruk was generally the second Grineer boss that players will encounter, after Captain Vor.
- According to the mission briefing, Sargas Ruk had been raiding and annexing Tenno-controlled dig sites in the region, which is the main reason that led to him being targeted for assassination. He is also the main Artifact Hunter of the Grineer faction.
- It is said that Ruk has a deep hatred for anything but Grineer, this is not suprising as all Grineers are xenophobic.. He also considers flesh as a flaw, and implanted many body modifications into himself as a result of his pursuit for "Grineer perfection".
- As of Update 8, Ruk has been moved from the Asteroid Base to the Galleon. Ironic, as Ruk is the only Grineer boss who really belonged in an Asteroid base due to his background as an artifact hunter invading Tenno-controlled dig sites.
- Very rarely, Ruk will "double-drop" mods, although this is purely a visual glitch and the second mod is actually a resource. This has only been observed to happen with Orokin Cells.
- Interestingly, during the Zanuka Project spoilers, Ruk is the one who puts forth the ultimatum to Alad V, even though Ruk is not generally associated with diplomatic encounters, as he is the main artifact hunter for the Grineer.
- During The Gradivus Dilemma Ruk appears in his new form during the loading screen of contested levels and his new face is depicted during his dialogue.
- Ruk speaks English to the player in his dialogue in the Gradivus Dilemma and when taunting the player on Tethys, albeit with apparent difficulty. It is unclear whether this is due to trouble with speaking the language or Grineer genetic deficiencies.
- He is also the first boss to have unique voice lines for each taunt and have said lines match the subtitles.
- In spite of his apparent hatred for non-Grineer, he still welcomes Tenno support, albeit with a somewhat condescending attitude.
- If sided with the Corpus, Sargas Ruk will have the tendency to taunt against Alad V and the player, referring that the Tennos are made of metal. This is a contrary speculation of the Technocyte construction of the Warframe armor as the armor is said to be organic and the idea of Tenno might not actually be human themselves.
- This might bring to mind about relationship of the Orokin and the Warframe during the Old War.
- He has created a forum account on the warframe forums to argue with AladV: SargasRuk
- In-game, his "cyclops eye" and other lights on his armor glow blue, despite being orange by default (as seen in lobby screens and on his avatar).
General Sargas Ruk's battle is divided into three phases, each phase begins at every 1/3 increment of his health.
Defensively, he has heavy armoring impervious to damage. But as wearing a pyro-amputation naturally goes, his exhaust will occasionally open to flush out heat in blue flame, which is his only vulnerable point. His exhaust is however, still high in armor.
Offensively, his cannon provides him with special abilities such as Fire Blast and Inferno. At medium range, he will use his cannon as a flamethrower and at long range, he will launch fire bomb capable of knockdown and leaving stray flames around the surface.
During the first phase, Ruk will use his arm cannon as a flamethrower (like Ignis) at close quarter. And will launch fire bomb capable of knockdown and leaving stray flames around the surface.
His weak spot is located in the exhaust mounted on his left shoulder.
Once his shoulder generator is destroyed, Ruk will occasionally use Fire Blast to his arsenal. When he slams the ground, he will create a ring of fire which expands to a very large radius (30m).
The rest of his fighting style is the same as Phase 1. And his second weak spot is located within his chest.
Once the chest generator has been destroyed, Ruk will start using Inferno. Which when used, will erupt suspending pillars of heavy damaging flame.
The final generator is located on his back, and will always be revealed during and after using Fire Blast or Inferno.
|Slams the ground and sprays fire to the ground, creating an ever-expanding dome of fire.|
| Power Strength: |
| Power Range: |
| Power Duration: |
| Users: |
- General Sargas Ruk slams the ground to create a ring of fire which expands rapidly until up to 30 meters radius wide and 10 meters tall, high fire damage and a knockdown is dealt for those caught in it.
- Damage scales with level.
- Will heat Sargas Ruk's pyrosuit so much, that it will open his weak point.
- Sargas Ruk's Fire Blast shares similar elements to Ember's and Ambulas'.
|Slams the ground and erupts pillars of fire upon the target.|
| Power Strength: |
| Power Range: |
| Power Duration: |
| Users: |
- Sargas Ruk slams the ground, pumping fire in and erupts 5 persistent fiery pillars which stays for 5 seconds , which deals heavy fire damage per tick.
- Damage scales with level.
- Pillars stack with each other, therefore stacking the damage.
- This ability starts being used in General Sargas Ruk's 3rd phase.
- Flame Repellent can repel some of the fire damage off.
- During this ability, Ruk will not be moving at all, use this opportunity to fire everything you have at his weak spot.
He generally excels in close quarter combat with his flamethrower, do not get close up to him and do not waste ammo as he is invincible with his generator still covered. The generator will usually exposed for a short while after his attacks, often after using his abilities. Keep your eye on him and shoot at the generator when it is exposed.
Having teammates Surrounding Ruk at all times will allow a flexible attack to wherever his weak spot is.
It is hard to dodge his Fire Blast (Ruk), tanking the damage with your shield is a viable alternative, as the said fire only deals 300s damage. You can also attempt to hide behind cover, just make sure it's big enough to shield your entire body (or you can crouch in cover).
When he uses his most dangerous ability -- Inferno is when he is the most vulnerable. The generator on his back will always be open when he used said ability, flank your way to his back and blast away while being careful of stray pillars.
Utilizing Warframe AbilitiesEditAsh's Teleport will teleport you inside his wall of fire for an easy retaliation.
General Sargas Ruk has many quotes from both The Gradivus Dilemma and during his boss fight at Tethys, Saturn. All of them can be found here. Along with Alad V, Sargas Ruk is one of the two bosses who speak English when communicating with the Tenno.
During The Gradivus DilemmaEdit
- Rraahudd Tenno! Now we fight together! Now we crush the greedy milk from their skulls. The Corpus will pay for their crimes with their useless lives.
- You shoot well. You cut well. You serve me well, Tenno.
- Tenno, of course you side with us. Of course the Grineer are your best option. We share your joy in Corpus death.
- Rraaahudd Tenno! So willing to sacrifice your own. So willing to help these greedy worms. So willing to die for worthless cause.
- Aattenthoun Tenno: Its not too late to change sides? Not too late to reject the Corpus lies? Not too late to save your kind?
- Tenno, Alad will betray you. Alad will defile your kind. Alad will bleed from his selfish eyes as I crush him with your metal corpse.
During an Assassination MissionEdit
While Finding HimEdit
- Forget the Lotus, Grineer are your masters. Submit for mercy.
- What flesh is within that Warframe? I will crush it. I will fill my lungs with your death!
- Too easy, I expected more! I deserve a challenge!
When Battling HimEdit
- You think you are guardians? Grineer rule supreme! Grineer protect all!
- You Tenno, you fight for treasure. You are just another Corpus machine to me!
- Are you just mercenaries? Fighting for scraps? Where is this so-called Tenno honor?
- Regret will be your legacy!
- We are just getting started!
- This is not over!
- I am General Sargas Ruk!
- You fight well, your death will be glorious!
- Unlike his other quotes, these are spoken in Grineer, rather than English.
|Grineer||Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • Kela De Thaym • Lieutenant Lech Kril • Tyl Regor|
|Corpus||Ambulas • Jackal • Sgt. Nef Anyo • Hyena • Raptor • Alad V|
|Infested||J3-Golem • Phorid • Lephantis|