Ghost allows the Shade sentinel to cloak itself and the user when hostile entities are within range, rendering themselves invisible to enemies.
- Has a 10-second cooldown.
- Gives the Sentinel 25 affinity for activating the ability.
- Enemies will not be alerted if bumped into while cloaked.
- Cloak will dissipate if you deal any damage with weapons and Mod effects (Such as Heavy Impact), with exception of offensive Warframe abilities.
- Any enemy units will activate cloak, even Corpus Turrets.
- Using the Codex Scanner will deactivate the cloak.
- Cloak will be removed when enemies are no longer near.
- Performing a bullet jump that damages an enemy will not deactivate the cloak.
- This can be very useful for stealth based gameplay.
- Combining Ghost with a slow and heavy hitting melee weapons can give you the edge, cloaking you as you get close giving you time to prepare your attack. (NOTE: See bugs)
- Due to the cloak keeping your ability to recharge your shields, it is especially useful if you're about to die, cloaking yourself in the middle of a fight and not attacking will recharge your shields and keep you alive longer in high-threat situations.
- Apart from supporting stealthy gameplay, Ghost can confuse a group of enemies if you cloak, and can save you from dying if used correctly.
- Shade tends to cloak as Nyx is using her ultimate, so it is recommended to choose another sentinel if you plan to use Absorb
- The Shade can emit the Ghost effect endlessly without granting actual cloaking effects, by activating and deactivating this ability too quickly while firing weapons.
- The Ghost ability will occasionally turn on without any enemies nearby to trigger it.
- 03/28/2014 - Ghost uncloaks when melee button is pressed, rather than when attack connects. This was discovered while using Scindo and not tested with other melee weapons. Proven on 06/06/15, ghost uncloak even if the melee does not connect, this was tested using Karyst and Skana. Jumping from high ground also uncloaks.