“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”This item is no longer available for purchase.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
On May 9, 2017, Hotfix 20.4.4 and Hotfix 20.4.5, a bug allowed Gorgon Wraith parts to drop from Jackal. This was a very short-lived bug, but dissemination of information on the forum allowed many users to learn of and exploit this bug before DE quickly corrected it. The parts and weapon were not removed from users' inventories.
The blueprint and parts are now obtainable from the Razorback Invasion via Assassination. All the components can be traded, although players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 7 to acquire the blueprint.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Good base damage.
- Good critical chance.
- High status chance.
- High sustainable rate of fire.
- Large magazine size.
- Can use the Gorgon-exclusive mod Gorgon Frenzy (PvP only).
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Below average critical damage multiplier.
- Has a short wind-up time of 10 rounds to reach optimal firing rate.
- Inefficient beyond medium range.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Gorgon Wraith, compared to Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (27.0 vs. 25.0)
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 17%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (1.9x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (21% vs. 9%)
- Higher fire rate (13.3 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger max ammo capacity (900 rounds vs. 540 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (3 s vs. 4.2 s)
- Faster spool-up (10 rounds vs. 15 rounds)
- More accurate (17 vs. 12)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 3)
- Gorgon Wraith, compared to Prisma Gorgon:
- Higher base damage (27.0 vs. 23.1)
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 30%)
- Lower critical damage multiplier (1.9x vs. 2.3x)
- Higher status chance (21% vs. 15%)
- Lower fire rate (13.3 rounds/sec vs. 14.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (90 rounds vs. 120 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (900 rounds vs. 840 rounds)
- Faster spool-up (10 rounds vs. 12 rounds)
- Less accurate (17 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 11)
- See Category:Gorgon Wraith Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Gorgon Wraith Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- After the spool up time, it is possible to use the Gorgon in quick short bursts, allowing you to keep up the high rate of fire, but with less recoil and less bullets wasted, making the Gorgon usable at medium to long ranges.
- You can retain the "charge" of the fire rate by sprinting. This way the weapon stops shooting but as long as you keep held down, the fire rate will not reset and the weapon will resume fast firing once you stop sprinting.
- Use the Rifle Ammo Mutation mod or the Carrier Sentinel equipped with Ammo Case to compensate for lost ammo due to the weapons high rate of consuming ammunition on full spool.
- Speed Trigger decreases the charge time considerably, though the increased maximum fire rate causes the weapon to burn through ammo reserves extremely quickly and cause more misses as the recoil throws bullets out more. Consider firing in bursts.
- Compared to the Prisma variant, the Wraith has a better status chance, which allows it to remove armor from Grineer which allows it to surpass the Prisma Gorgon despite higher damage numbers. Against Grineer with no armor or almost any other faction however, the Prisma will produce more reliable damage.
- The Gorgon Wraith is the second Primary Wraith weapon ever released, following the Strun Wraith.
- The Gorgon Wraith only has an upgrade in stats and comes with no default polarities.
- The Gorgon Wraith can use both the Desert Tactics skin and the Day of the Dead skin.
Gorgon Wraith Skins
- Gorgon, the regular version.
- Prisma Gorgon, the Void Trader exclusive version.
- Wraith, a special weapon variant.