The Gram is a heavy blade weapon, while lacking in damage when compared to its peers, has a critical multiplier on the higher end of melee weapons. Unfortunately, in comparison to others of its class, the Gram does not have many redeeming factors, and can be considered the baseline of heavy blade weapons.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High damage.
- Ground finisher can connect with multiple enemies.
- Fast attack speed for a heavy weapon.
- Swings in very wide arcs (like Scindo).
- Ground slam attack knocks enemies down in a relatively large area.
- Possesses momentum during regular swings, which resists interruption such as stagger or knockdown.
- Long range in second and third normal attacks, making it possible to attack through walls.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matches Rending Crane stance.
- When swinging you will be reduced to a walking pace (like all heavy melee weapons).
- Very slow and awkward aerial attack with the hitbox starting in the later half of the animation. In addition, it is very hard to transition the air attack into a jump attack as the jump attack will start during the first part of the animation where the sword has yet to be swung.
- See Category:Gram Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Gram Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- With a fully ranked Reach, normal attacks can have a range of 3.2 meters. When striking horizontally the mod won't apply. (It could be intended since it hasn't been fixed for a long time).
- Uses Rending Crane, Cleaving Whirlwind, and Tempo Royale Stances.
- This sword was named after the sword of Sigurd (sometimes known as Siegfried) from Norse Mythology.
- Gram is a word in the old Germanic language, which roughly translates to depression.
- The wheel by the Gram's guard spins during attacks, making the Gram one of the few non-static melee weapon models in-game.
- Prior to Update 11.0, the Gram was visually an enlarged Plasma Sword.
- The old appearance of the Gram is still used for the "Heavy Weapon Proficiency" challenge icons.
- Galatine, another greatsword.