The Grate Prime was available for purchase in the market only on April 1, 2014 for 9001 for 60 seconds after the first log in.
The Grate Prime can no longer be acquired.
The Grate Prime can be customized with its own unique mods:
- Dropzone will send the user's Warframe flying in on a parachute
- Particle will fill the room with impressive vent dust, slowly clearing to reveal user's Warframe standing proud.
- Shockwave will cause the user's Warframe to create a blast of energy delivering 200 / 275 / 350 / 9999999 Blast damage in a 5 / 7 / 8 / 50 meter area.
- Grate Prime can be equipped in any slot, including Warframe, Sentinel, or Weapon.
- This is the first gear of its kind to automatically trigger without any external sources, such as Sentinel abilities, Warframe abilities, etc.
- Although there's no official word on a future Akimbo-style version, this a distinct possibility. The only thing grater than one primed grates are two primed grates.
- The Grate Prime has been confirmed to perform 73.31% grate-r than a Glaive, and 13.37% better than a Glaive Prime when used in such manners.
- The Grate Prime was an April Fools joke officialized by DE themselves.
- The Grate Prime was officially revealed as a Tenno Reinforcement.
- Grate Prime was created by Mynki, Art Director at Digital Extremes. It is perhaps his grate-est achievement in Warframe to date.
- Only a single player was able to acquire Grate Prime from the market prior to it being discontinued. Obviously, that person is quite grate-ful.
- Grate Prime will make all players who use it feel grate-ified.
- This was the first primed item to have been directly purchasable from the in-game market.
- It appears that the Grate Prime is forged out of excess Mag Prime helmets.
- Choosy Lokis choose Grate Prime.
- When Particle is active, Derf Anyo can be vaguely seen in the impressive vent dust, before quickly exploding in a cloud of brand-name Skanas .
- Rarely a Grate and Grate Prime will both fall while using the Dropzone mod.
- The Grate Prime is currently unavailable for purchase in the market, causing game enjoyment to drop by 60%.