Healing Return is a mod for melee weapons that heals the player when hitting a target currently affected by a Status Effect.
- Heals the user the stated amount for each status effect currently afflicting the target. For example, with a Rank 10 Healing Return (+11), attacking an enemy afflicted with Slash, Puncture, and Toxin statuses will heal 11*3 health, a total of 33 health.
- Even targets afflicted by Blast, Impact or Corrosive procs will cause this mod to heal the user, regardless of them having no and infinite duration respectively.
- Healing Return can be used to much avail on certain low status weapons as well:
- High Impact damage weapons like Heliocor or Shaku will trigger Healing return with every attack, regardless of an Impact proc actually occurring.
- Certain weapons (such as dual daggers equipped with Gnashing Payara, or Gram even without a stance) trigger a "flinch" effect on enemies with every hit, which triggers Healing Return.
- Multiple instances of the same status effect (e.g. 4 individual Slash DoTs) will not increase the healing given.
- Both the Redeemer and Sarpa's charge attacks will heal the user. Each individual pellet triggers an instance of healing (e.g., if 5 pellets hit an enemy afflicted with a status effect, the healing amount will be 5x11=55HP). Because both gunblades's charged attacks are guaranteed to proc an Impact effect, they are guaranteed to heal the user if the Healing Return mod is equipped.
- If equipped on the Deconstructor (Prime), this mod will allow Helios (Prime) to heal itself provided its target is suffering status effects.
- Does not provide any healing if your attack, despite proccing a Status Effect on the attack (for example, with 100% status chance), kills the target instantly on the first attack.
- Use with weapons with a high innate status chance, or weapons with guaranteed status procs as part of their combos.
- Compared to Life Strike, Healing Return gives comparatively less healing while not requiring the user to equip their melee and expend energy through Channeling.
- Synergizes well with the extended status duration provided by Lasting Sting and Enduring Affliction.