The Heat Dagger is a dagger whose blueprint is exclusive to Alert missions. Specializing in Puncture damage, its signature trait is the ability to create a blast of fire when slammed into the ground. This combination of Fire and Puncture lets the Heat Dagger have utility against most of the Grineer, effective against both armored and light units.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 75||Blueprints Price: N/A|
The Heat Dagger blueprint can be acquired from Alert missions.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against Grineer.
- Slam attacks do 100% Heat damage with a very high chance to proc
- Fire AoE jump attack makes this weapon useful against Infested and Cloned Flesh.
- Panic caused from Heat proc lasts much longer than a knockdown.
- Large jump attack radius.
- One mod slot.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matching Pointed Wind stance, notable for its high damage multiplier
- Can use the dagger-exclusive Covert Lethality mod.
- Cannot stagger or panic synthetic enemies (Ospreys, MOAs) on slam attack.
- Shorter range than most weapons.
- Low Slash and Impact damage – less effective against health and shields respectively.
- Low critical chance.
- Low status chance.
- See Category:Heat Dagger Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Heat Dagger Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Reach can counteract the short hit range of this weapon.
- If performing a ground slam with this weapon equipped, Valkyr in Hysteria will use the Heat Dagger's radial flame attack.
- When equipped without a Stance mod, the Heat Dagger adds a 4th lunging stab on its normal attack combo, which propels the Warframe a good distance forward, which is useful for catching up to moving enemies. It also has a 100% chance of inflicting Slash bleed proc on contact. This effect is lost if one uses the Pointed Wind stance, which replaces the lunge with a sweeping slash.
- If the lunge lands behind an unalerted enemy, a stealth attack will be performed instead.
- Jump attacks will make the Heat Dagger emit a visible ring of fire upon slamming the ground. This visual trait is shared with other Heat weapons like the Heat Sword and Dual Heat Swords.
- The Heat Dagger received a visual change in Update 16.5, giving it a faded color scheme with texture animations similar to those found in Prisma weapons. Its visual model was also sharpened and lengthened to further resemble the Heat Sword.
- In the Red Veil section of any relay, one of the torturers behind the leader is seen wielding this weapon (possibly) to interrogate the Grineer subject.
Heat Dagger Skins
- Alert, the way you acquire the Heat Dagger.
- Heat Sword, the sword version.
- Dual Heat Swords, the dual version of the Heat Sword.