The Hek is a Grineer shotgun that deals very high damage, particularly known for its relatively narrow cone compared to other shotguns. Due to this relatively tight spread, the Hek is able to perform with greater success at close to middle ranges, regardless of pellet/ projectile falloff. However, the Hek does trade its raw power and relative focused fire for its small magazine size, and generally limited crowd-control ability.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:25,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Very high status chance.
- Narrowest pellet cone of all shotguns.
- Can equip the Hek-exclusive Scattered Justice mod.
- Lower Impact and Slash damage – less effective against Shields and Flesh.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 20% from 10m to 20m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low critical chance.
- Before 100% status chance, the listed status chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status; the actual base status chance per pellet is ~4.03%.
- Small magazine size.
- High recoil.
- May miss enemies at point-blank range due to the length of the barrels.
- Hek, compared to Vaykor Hek:
- Lower critical chance (10% vs. 25%)
- Lower fire rate (2.17 rounds/sec vs. 3 rounds/sec)
- Larger max damage reduction due to falloff (80% vs. 73.33%)
- Smaller magazine (4 rounds vs. 8 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 2.25 s)
- Lack of an innate Justice effect
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 12)
- See Category:Hek Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Hek Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The listed damage is the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 11.26 Impact, 48.76 Puncture and 15 Slash.
- The listed Status Chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status. The actual base Status Chance per pellet is ~4%.
- Due to this gun's low magazine size, it is recommended that you focus on Rate of Fire or Reload Speed to increase overall DPS.
- Accelerated Blast is particularly effective, given the Hek's high Puncture Damage.
- Along with the Vaykor Hek, the Hek is the only shotgun that can efficiently use Accelerated Blast due to Puncture being its primary damage.
- Ammo Stock at Rank 3 (+40%) adds two into the magazine size (for a total of 6). There is no need to upgrade the mod further as no additional rounds will be gained.
- A fully ranked Ammo Stock combined with a fully ranked Burdened Magazine will add 5 additional rounds to the magazine, giving it 9 rounds in total.
- Using the Shotgun Ammo Mutation mod can help regain ammo when needed, although not as often as the full auto shotguns.
- The weapon's spread cone can be shrunk by zooming in.
- Equipping both Hell's Chamber and Scattered Justice will give the Hek +320% Multishot, giving it an impressive 29 pellets per shot with a 40% chance of firing a 30th pellet. This greatly improves the Hek's damage and status chance.
- This weapon seems to be modeled on the main weapon of Councilor Vay Hek's Terra Frame, which fires rockets as opposed to shotgun shells. This has caused speculation as to whether the Councilor himself is merely the shotgun's namesake, or otherwise responsible for designing/commissioning it.
- The magazine for the Hek is the cylindrical 'handle' sticking out of the side of the bottom right barrel. This raises questions as to how the shells are actually loaded into each barrel.
- It is possible that the barrel it is attached to is a tubular feeding system and not for firing, and that the other three barrels actually fire.
- The Hek received a minor visual update in Hotfix 13.4.1, which added weathering and other textures to the weapon to make it look more worn and aged, putting it in line with other Grineer weapons.
- The Hek may have been based on a 1960s quad-barrel shotgun prototype.
- Councilor Vay Hek, the Grineer boss who uses an oversized version of this weapon, and may have invented it.
- Vem Tabook, the leader of The Grustrag Three, uses a modified version of the Hek.
- Scattered Justice, a Hek exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Vaykor Hek, the Steel Meridian custom version.