The Hema is a burst-fire Infested rifle that requires a sacrifice of health in order to reload, but in turn uses no ammunition and fires accurate three round bursts of Viral agents that can slash the health of an enemy by half. The weapon also inflicts lifesteal upon headshots, transferring damage dealt to enemies to the player.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Bio Lab Research •10,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Viral damage.
- Innate Viral damage – effective against Flesh and Cloned Flesh.
- High status chance.
- Innate Viral damage halves current and max enemy health.
- Headshots will restore health to the player, equal to 10% of the damage dealt.
- High accuracy and low recoil for a burst weapon.
- Does not require or consume ammunition.
- Innate Viral damage - less effective against against Machinery and Infested.
- Projectiles have travel time and travel relatively slowly.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with 4 bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Punishes missed shots more than automatic weapons.
- Reloading will drain health from the player, depending on how much ammo is needed to be replenished, up to 3% of the player's max health the magazine is entirely depleted.
- The Hema is a highly accurate rifle that heals the player on headshots. To reload however, the player must lay out their arm as the weapon sucks some of their health. It will drain up to 3% of the player's max health depending on how much ammo needs to be replenished to the magazine. With the unmodded magazine size of 60, each bullet reloaded drains 0.05% max health.
- If the player is at 3% or less of their maximum health, the Hema will not kill the player when they reload or take any health depending on how much ammo is reloaded, though the health that was supposed to be consumed (I.e Player has 9/300 Health (3%)), will be consumed on the next reload, and if the player does not have the correct amount of health when reloading, the Hema will drain them of their health (In this case 9 health + the health needed for the current reload) regardless thus killing them.
- Increasing magazine size does not increase the health drain per magazine. Thus, it decreases the drain per bullet.
- It can be compared to a more effective anti-Grineer and Corpus version of the Paracyst, as its base Viral damage allows for Corrosive and Heat for Grineer, or Toxin and Magnetic for Corpus.
- Like all burst fire weapons in Warframe, you must time your clicks in order to fire the weapon at its maximum speed. Mashing the fire button will only stall and fire the weapon at different rates. Frame rates below ~30 FPS will also begin to slow the weapon down.
- The Hema is the first weapon in Warframe that drains the player's health in order to reload.
- Hema is a word derived from the Greek word haima (αἷμα), meaning 'blood', and is used as a prefix to refer to objects or conditions relating to blood, e.g. "Hematology", "Hematoxin", etc.
- The health drained by the Hema on reloading contributes to Chroma's Fury buff from Vex Armor, albeit in very small amounts.
- This is the 2nd Non-Archwing weapon in the game to have infinite/rechargeable ammunition, this being the first Primary, with the first in existence being Cycron.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|