Hijack is a Mission type where players must take control of a large, mobile objective and safely lead it to extraction.
Players must find a room which will hold the objective, a Fomorian Power Core in Grineer missions and a Cargo Rover in Corpus missions. Once found, players must activate a console to release the objective, which will travel a preset path to extraction. The objective will siphon power from a player's Shields in order to move, stopping when no shields are available, either when the players' shields are fully drained or when no players are close enough to the objective to siphon power. If it doesn't move after a set duration, the objective will gradually move backwards.
As the objective moves along, enemies will try to destroy it before it reaches extraction. Though the objective is durable, it gradually loses health at a rate of 10 points per second. Coupled with incoming enemy fire the objective will easily be destroyed without player intervention.
Upon successfully escorting the objective to the extraction point, the player's Landing Craft will collect the objective and carry it away, ending the mission.
- Should this mission type be selected for a Nightmare Alert mission, the No Shields modifier that normally comes with this is ignored.
- Grineer Hijack missions have an additional obstacle in the form of Blast Doors, which will stop the objective momentarily as the doors open. Although the objective will not drain shields in this period, enemies can close in on the objective while it is vulnerable.
- Objectives in Hijack Sorties will generate a Nullifier field around them, preventing the use of abilities close to the objective.
- It is possible to get on the objective with careful maneuvering and "ride" it to extraction, eliminating the need to move along with the objective as well as constantly powering it until your shields are fully drained. This is more easily done on Corpus Hijack missions due to the objective being a ground-based rover instead a core suspended from a rail.
- Each player will see their own Landing Craft during the extraction screen.
- As Inaros and Nidus have no shields, the Objective will instead drain their health in order to move.
- In Nidus's case, his innate health regeneration is not interrupted by the Objective's health drain, and will counteract any health loss from the Objective.
|Mars||Tharsis||Corpus||8 - 10|
|Ceres||Ludi||Grineer||15 - 17|
|Europa||Sorath||Corpus||19 - 21|
|Neptune||Nereid||Corpus||30 - 32|
|Sedna||Marid||Grineer||34 - 38|
- It is recommended to equip Fast Deflection and/or Fortitude to shorten shield regeneration time.
- Shield siphoning bypasses Rhino's Iron Skin and simply drains shields without affecting the extra armor in any way.
- Mag's Shield Polarize and Trinity's Blessing can be used to replenish players' shields quickly, not only providing more shields to power the objective but also increasing the players' survivability. Team Shield Restores can also be used for the same purpose.
- A Raksa Kubrow's Protect and the Guardian precept for Sentinels will also help players regenerate shields on a personal level.
- Harrow is recommended for this mission type, as his increased Overshields capacity, as well as Condemn generating shields for every enemy hit, allows him to stay near the Objective for longer periods. However, Hydroid Prime fulfils this job better, due to his higher shield capacity of 1540 (with +400% boosted redirection ) . This negates the need to re-condemn enemies with Harrow.
- Hijack was introduced in Update 12.4 during the Tethra's Doom event, and made a permanent mission type in Update 13.0.
- Up until Update 15.6, Ceres was the only planet that hosted this mission type.
- This is the second mission type where the traditional extraction animation is not used, the first being Defense.
- A possible predecessor of this mission type was Escort, which was first mentioned in Livestream 11 alongside Survival. In the proposed mission type players would have to escort a robotic proxy of The Lotus throughout the map. There is a key difference between Escort and Hijack however; In Escort, staying close to the proxy would give players temporary buffs, Whereas in Hijack, the defense objective drains the players' shields instead in order to move.
- Tethra's Doom, the event that introduced this game mode.
- Grineer Shipyard
- Tile Sets
|PvE||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assassination • Assault • Capture • Defection • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Infested Salvage • Interception • Junction • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Recovery • Rescue • Rush • Sabotage (Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy • Survival • Trial|
|PvP||Duel • Solar Rail Conflict|
Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro
|Alert • Crossfire • Hazards • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Quest • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure • Free Roam|