The Hikou is a throwing weapon for the secondary slot, released in Update 9.0. It has a lower base damage than the Kunai and Despair, but a higher fire rate and base magazine size. Like its counterparts, it can also be hard to aim with because of its arrow-like arc projection.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Very fast fire rate.
- Fast reload speed.
- Two polarity slots.
- The arc of the shots enable headshots over cover.
- Can pass through enemies' Electric Shield.
- Fully automatic.
- Works well with Concealed Explosives, considering its high fire rate and ammo capacity.
- Has travel time, making it difficult to land accurate throws at long distances.
- Travels in an arc, making it difficult for use at long range.
- Low base damage.
- Very low ammo efficiency.
- Low critical chance.
- Low status chance.
- Hikou, compared to Hikou Prime:
- Lower base damage (25.0 vs. 32.0)
- Lower status chance (2.5% vs. 15%)
- Higher fire rate (6.67 rounds/sec vs. 5.83 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (20 rounds vs. 26 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (0.8 s vs. 0.5 s)
- See Category:Hikou Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Hikou Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets.
- When using at a distance aim above the enemy to adjust for Hikou's arc.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- Alternatively, bring along a Team Ammo Restore.
- The Hikou can ricochet (rarely) off surfaces, as floors and walls. Ricocheted shots can damage and kill whoever gets in the way.
- The Hikou are quite similar to the Kunai, the main difference being about half the damage for twice the fire rate. Regarding this, Hikou are slightly superior, dealing 5 more damage per two thrown, which would equal 1 Kunai in terms for rate of fire. In other words, the Hikou trades a slight DPS upgrade for ammo economy when compared to the Kunai.
- The Hikou can pass through Electric Shield.
- As with all thrown sidearms, when performing a Jump Kick your frame will hold the Hikou as dual pistols. Upon hitting the ground and sliding, this will quickly switch back to as it should be.
- Hikou (Hikō or 飛行 ) in Japanese means "flight."
- The Hikou are based off the Japanese throwing stars from ninjutsu tradition. Throwing stars were primarily used as distractions, and were often called the "invisible blades" due to a thrown star being able to cut enemies unseen from any direction.
- The Hikou are the first throwing weapon secondary to receive a prime variant.
- The Hikou share at least two common traits with the Kunai and Despair, all three are secondary throwing type weapons, and all weapons have a damage focus mainly on Puncture damage.
- Hikou Prime, the Prime version of this weapon.
- Kunai, another thrown secondary.
- Despair, another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.
- Panthera, a weapon crafted from the Hikou.