The Hind is a Grineer rifle used by their Elite Lancers. It fires five-round bursts while maintaining a low recoil allowing all rounds fired to land very close to one another. Pressing the alt fire button will also fire shots at a slower rate, but with improved stats.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints:40,000|
This weapon primarily deals Slash damage.
- High damage compared to other rifles.
- Very high base damage per burst.
- Even higher damage with its alt-fire.
- High Slash damage – effective against Infested, Flesh and Cloned Flesh.
- Large magazine size; supports 13 bursts per magazine by default.
- Comes with a Polarity.
- Highest number of shots per burst out of all burst-fire type weapons.
- Low recoil.
- Good critical chance on alt-fire.
- Good status chance on burst.
- High status chance with its alt-fire.
- Low Impact and Puncture – ineffective against armor and shields.
- Noticeable muzzle climb per burst, reducing long range performance.
- Burst-fire can be uncomfortable to use for many players and is less effective against groups or weak enemies without upgrades.
- Burst-fire punishes missed shots more than fully or semi-automatic fire. See notes below.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with six bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired. This can be circumvented by also using the semi-automatic single shot, bound to the alt-fire key.
- High recoil and camera shake with alt-fire.
- See Category:Hind Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Hind Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- New players who prefer burst fire but cannot afford this weapon's heavy building cost should stick with the Burston until they have enough resources.
- The Hind is made significantly better against enemy groups with the addition of Shred or Metal Auger.
- Because it does primarily Slash damage, Elemental damage in the form of Corrosive and Magnetic are recommended for fighting the Grineer or the Corpus with this weapon, unless actively going for headshots.
- Stabilizer effectively reduces the recoil on every burst giving it more pin point precision over long distances or for better headshots.
- If one does not have Stabilizer or does not wish to install the Mod, a better alternative is moving the mouse down to combat the recoil when firing.
- Similar to the Miter, the charged shots (or in this case, the alt fire) have a 10% chance to critically hit, which is enough to take advantage of deadly crit+slash headshot procs, which can bleed the enemy well even through heavy armor. While not as damaging as the aforementioned Miter, the alt fire of the hind fires faster, which can allow heavy slash stacking to allow the hind to perform well even against high level enemies.
- It can be useful to add Continuous Misery to the weapon to extend the slash procs as a result.
- This weapon was introduced in Update 9.6.
- Due to burst fire, FPS lag will affect the speed of shooting, if only slightly.
- Mods that affect fire rate will also affect the burst rate, making the Hind very deadly with mods that increase the firerate, and even more so with the addition of punch through.
- Elite Lancers have the ability to fire the weapon as fast as players can with near maximum firerate mods on. Coupled with decent slash damage and a 10% status, these Lancers are notorious for constantly inflicting players with slash procs that strip away their health even while their shields are up.
- The Hind is one of the Grineer weapons to be showcased in the Chemical Lab.
- The Hind's magazine is a small helical magazine that is inserted under the barrel.
- The Hind probably gets its name from the NATO reporting name for the famous Mil Mi-24 helicopter gunship/troop transport. Other probable sources of the weapon's name include;
- The Hind is one of the few Grineer weapons that are not focused on Impact damage, and instead focused mostly on Slash. This makes them the least effective gun unit in the Grineer at taking down shields and punching through armor, while being better equipped against the Infested or Corpus enemies with shields down.
- In the Warframe community, the Hind is nicknamed as "the Baguette" because of its shape closely resembling a loaf.
- Burston, an earlier, Tenno-made battle rifle.
- Elite Lancers, the Grineer unit that uses this weapon.