Hornet Strike increases the base damage of secondary weapons by 20% per rank, at a maximum of 220% at rank 10.
- Note that Hornet Strike damage is applied before every other damage type. Therefore every other damage-increasing mod also benefits from Hornet Strike. A weapon with a base damage of 18 equipped with a rank 9 Hornet Strike mod (200%) would have a new base damage of 54 (18 + [18*200%]) = 54.
- This new base damage will be what is used to calculate elemental damages.
- After level 5, upgrading this mod would be quite costly, so it is suggested to upgrade other mods at this time due to better c/p.
- Maxing this mod (from lvl 0) requires exactly 431 Uncommon 5 Fusion Cores and 905,100 credits.
- Due to how it affects the base damage, this mod is necessary for all secondary weapons in order to use them optimally.