The Ignis is a Grineer flamethrower used by Grineer Scorch and Hyekka Masters, unlockable through Chem Lab Research in the Dojo. The Ignis releases a long reaching continuous spray of flames in a frontal area of effect, making it exceptionally useful for handling large crowds, albeit at the cost of high ammo usage and a fixed range.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Detonite Injector|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- Very high status chance.
- Sprays in a frontal area of effect, allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once.
- Large magazine size.
- High ammo capacity.
- Innate Heat damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Damage ramps up from 20% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 20% over 2 seconds.
- Low critical chance.
- Damage decreased to 0.50x unless enemies are directly hit with the central beam, which only has a reach of 20 meters.
- Ignis, compared to Ignis Wraith:
- Lower base damage (33.0 vs. 35.0)
- Lower critical chance (11% vs. 17%)
- Lower critical damage multiplier (2x vs. 2.5x)
- Lower status chance (27% vs. 29%)
- Smaller magazine (150 rounds vs. 200 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (750 rounds vs. 800 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2 s vs. 1.7 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 9)
- See Category:Ignis Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Ignis Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Ignis' hit detection is composed of two parts:
- A perfectly accurate central beam that reaches up to 20m. This beam has a 0.15 meter radius, unlike other beam weapons whose beams are very narrow.
- A 3 meter spherical AoE that appears at the end of this beam.
- The central beam will deal the listed damage of the weapon. The spherical AoE will deal 0.50x the listed damage.
When the Ignis begins firing, it creates an initial cylindrical AoE that will deal a single tick of damage. It can be visualized as the 3 meter sphere being thrust forward as the weapon begins firing (although the cylinder's 3-meter radius is not affected by Firestorm). This can hit enemies that the continuous beam and spherical AoE would otherwise miss.
- This was removed in an undocumented change in Update 22.14.0. It is unknown whether this is a bug.
- When combined with other elemental mods, such as Cold, it will no longer deal the original fire damage, losing its high bonus versus Light Infested (+50%). Thus, it is advised to add Toxin damage to create Gas damage to kill Light Infested. Add Electricity + Toxin to create Corrosive damage, and add Cold to create Blast damage to kill Heavy Infested.
- As of Hotfix 11.3.3, the fire rate is affected by mods.
- Shade's Ghost can activate even if the Ignis is being fired, so long as the fire key is held down upon Ghost's activation.
- The Ignis' spherical AoE can destroy rockets launched from a Bombard's Ogris.
- The Ignis can deal headshots and target enemy weakspots.
- Hellfire and Wildfire apply fire elemental mod damage to the weapon. They do not act like base damage mods, but rather stack with the innate Heat damage of the weapon.
- Adding Corrosive, Magnetic, or Gas in addition to Heat damage makes the Ignis very effective versus Grineer / Corpus / Infested, though less effective against Corpus Proto Shields.
- It is a wise idea to equip a long-ranged weapon in your secondary slot when using the Ignis.
- It is unwise to have Specters equip this gun as they only fire on targets when they are ~10m away from them.
- Combustion Beam can also be equipped to the Ignis, causing enemies to deal damage on death to other nearby enemies. This aids in crowd control and quicker elimination of weaker and closely-grouped enemies.
- Sinister Reach can also be equipped on the Ignis, greatly increasing the range of its central beam. This will also move the spherical AoE forward by the same distance.
- The radius of the spherical AoE can be increased with Firestorm.
- Due to its nature of AoE, this weapon is particularly effective against destructible projectiles.
- Adding Heavy Caliber as a second Serration results in an increase of damage. The reduction of accuracy will cause the beam to slightly waver, which is a negative for most weapons, but is arguably a benefit for the Ignis as the effective AoE spread will widen slightly.
- The loss in accuracy is small enough that the central beam will still land headshots consistently at maximum distance, even with Sinister Reach equipped.
- The Ignis is designed to deal with crowds, spreading low damage but hitting all enemies in range, where most other weapons (besides explosive dealing AoE weapons) are single or multi-target. In other words, the larger the crowd, the better the weapon becomes at distributing damage compared to most other weapons.
- Ignis is Latin for "fire".
- Prior to Update 17.8, the Ignis' appearance was simply a modified Grakata.
- Oddly it wasn't just the appearance, as the update that changed the model and reload animation of the Ignis made the Grakata reload as if it was the Ignis.
- The Ignis was first shown in the developer Livestream #5.
- The volume of fuel the Ignis carries would be impossible in the real world using today's technology, as the duration of continuous fire of the entire magazine lasts far longer than actual flamethrowers. This implies that the fuel used (possibly derived from Detonite) is extremely efficient.
- The front portion of the barrel heats up through continuous firing of the weapon, visible after roughly 25 units of ammo has been expended.
- Changing the default Heat damage of the Ignis modifies the visual effects of the flame released depending on the new element: Blast damage causes the barrel to emit sparks, Radiation damage generates bolts of electricity within the flame, and Gas damage changes the flame into a thick cloud.
- In earlier builds, this change overrode any color customizations to the Ignis' flame color.
- Grineer Scorch, the Grineer unit that uses this weapon.
- Ignis Wraith, the Wraith variant of this weapon
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|