The goal of Infested Salvage is to find the ship's shipping manifest by allowing the Lotus to access three data consoles scattered throughout the room. Each console however is covered by an Infested growth which blocks the Lotus' access to it, preventing decryption.
In order to unblock a console, players must collect Antiserum Injectors, which are cube-shaped, blue glowing containers that are dropped by Infested enemies. These injectors can be deposited into Vaporizer units located near the data consoles, which will then form a glowing vaporizer bubble that expands outward from the Vaporizer unit. The vaporizer bubble's size expands the more Antiserum Injectors are deposited into the Vaporizer unit, and if a data console gets inside a vaporizer bubble the infested growth on it will disappear, which will allow the Lotus to decrypt the console, whose progress is shown by a counter on the HUD's upper left corner below the minimap. The Lotus' decryption speed is determined by how many data consoles are unblocked at a time, with more unblocked consoles resulting in faster decryption. While Antiserum Injectors are automatically picked up by walking over them, a player can only hold up to 3 Injectors at anytime. The bubbles will expire after a set duration, which will shrink or remove the bubble entirely, thus making replenishing the Vaporizers a priority. 2 Antiserum Injectors per Vaporizer at minimum are required to cover a data console and allow decryption.
The central room of the map where the data consoles are located is filled with a corrosive agent that will corrode both the Warframe's armor and the data consoles' health. For Warframes, corrosion will result in them gradually losing armor until the corrosion removes their ability to resist the poison damage present in the air, making them lose health every second. Data consoles are also affected, and will gradually lose health until they are destroyed, making them incapable of providing decryption. Corrosion does not occur inside the radius of a vaporizer bubble, and data consoles will slowly regenerate health while inside. Vaporizer bubbles thus serve the dual purpose of enabling decryption, as well as preventing players and data consoles from losing health. The corrosion effect does not occur on areas outside of the main room.
The middle of the main room contains a large holographic emitter with two consoles on it. One of the consoles is a medical station which will completely restore the Warframe's armor when used, though doing so requires expending an Antiserum Injector.
The round is won if the data manages to reach 100% decryption. After a 20 second timer, players are given the choice of whether to extract with the rewards earned so far, or proceed to the next round.
Rotation C of Infested Salvage grants a chance to receive random parts for the Nidus Warframe.
The mission's rounds follow the rotation sequence A-A-B-C.
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|Neo A1 Relic||9.09%||Axi A1 Relic||6.25%||Nidus Systems Blueprint||14.29%|
|Neo B1 Relic||9.09%||Axi B1 Relic||6.25%||Nidus Neuroptics Blueprint||14.29%|
|Neo N4 Relic||9.09%||Axi C1 Relic||6.25%||Nidus Chassis Blueprint||14.29%|
|Neo N5 Relic||9.09%||Axi E2 Relic||6.25%||Vital Sense||14.29%|
|Neo T1 Relic||9.09%||Axi G1 Relic||6.25%||Metal Auger||14.29%|
|Neo V2 Relic||9.09%||Axi H1 Relic||6.25%||Stretch||14.29%|
|Neo V3 Relic||9.09%||Axi N2 Relic||6.25%||80 Endo||14.29%|
|Neo V4 Relic||9.09%||Axi V5 Relic||6.25%|
|Magazine Warp||11.11%||Deep Freeze||6.25%|
|Trick Mag||11.11%||Hell's Chamber||6.25%|
Avoid using weapons and abilities like the Ignis or Ember's World on Fire, because of the way they kill enemies at range and through walls. This causes many of the Antiserum Injectors to drop in the side corridors, outside the protection of the bubbles. Instead it is best to wait for enemies to reach the bubbles, to avoid having to spend time going to look for Injectors, and carrying them back to the Vaporizer.
- A Speed Nova can be of benefit for bringing enemies into the main room quicker.
- Vauban with Vortex can help collect loot and pull enemies into bubbles, allowing you to collect Injectors right next to where they're used.
- Nekros with Desecrate will cause more Injectors to drop.
- Trinity can provide enough energy to keep three Vortexes up constantly, and replenish health so you can ignore any armor loss.
- If armor corrosion reaches 0% and the Warframe is outside of a Vaporizer's bubble, the player can hear voices from the infested hivemind
- The mechanics of its mission is very similar to the mechanics in The Jordas Verdict raid mission, at Decrypting Ship Database part.
- The difference is at the beginning. Where in this mission, once the player had step in to the "glowing circle", the mission will start. While The Jordas Verdict raid mission is requiring the player to hack the central console to start.
- Unlike in The Jordas Verdict raid mission players Do not need to bring Antiserum Injector in their inventory, as they can pick them up directly from any fallen enemies, then using them at vaporizers.
|PvE||Arena • Assassination • Assault • Capture • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Infested Salvage • Interception • Junction • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Recovery • Rescue • Rush • Sabotage (Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy • Survival • Trial|
|PvP||Duel • Solar Rail Conflict|
Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro
|Alert • Crossfire • Hazards • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Quest • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure|