An Interception Mission requires players to capture and hold set locations on the map in order to intercept enemy transmissions by reaching 100% control sooner than the enemy faction does.
The map has four communication towers acting as capture locations, labelled A, B, C and D, with all of the locations starting out under enemy control. Players capture each location by standing within a tower's capture radius until the tower switches over to Tenno control, however if enemies are within the capture radius the point will be in a "Conflict" state, preventing the player from capturing said point unless all enemies in it are killed. Enemies can capture player-controlled towers by activating one of two nearby control consoles per capture point, which triggers an alarm the player can hear. If a player kills the enemy activating the console the point will not be captured. Capture Points are rewarded to the Tenno and the enemy at a rate proportional to the number of towers in their control. The goal is to control more towers than the enemy in order to reach 100 Capture Points first.
If the Tenno reach 100 Capture Points, the players will then be tasked with eliminating any remaining enemies, after which players can choose to claim a reward and exit or continue fighting. If the enemy reach 100 Capture Points, the Tenno fail the mission.
At the end of each round, the decision screen indicates what each individual player intends to do, with undecided players continuing to battle. It is not a vote and extraction occurs for individual players, not the group; these players will appear to disconnect. If the vote to either extract or continue the mission is unanimous then the action will immediately take place instead of the timer completing its countdown.
|Earth||Gaia||Grineer||1 - 6||1|
|Venus||Cytherean||Corpus||3 - 8||1|
|Mercury||Odin||Grineer||6 - 11||1|
|Mars||Alator||Grineer||8 - 13||1|
|Ceres||Cinxia||Grineer||12 - 17||1|
|Jupiter||Callisto||Corpus||15 - 20||2|
|Europa||Ose||Corpus||18 - 23||2|
|Saturn||Rhea||Grineer||21 - 26||2|
|Uranus||Caelus||Grineer||24 - 29||Archwing|
|Uranus||Umbriel||Grineer||24 - 29||2|
|Sedna||Berehynia||Grineer||30 - 40||3|
|Eris||Xini||Infestation||30 - 40||3|
|Pluto||Cerberus||Corpus||30 - 40||3|
|Void||Mithra||Orokin||40 - 45||3|
NOTE: The above table is outdated for some missions.
- Capturing and neutralizing a tower gives 300 Affinity, while capturing all towers grants 500 Affinity. These can be doubled by using an Affinity Booster.
- Each time 100% control is reached the players are offered a chance to either continue (resetting control and beginning another round) or exit and claim a reward similar to Defense missions.
- As of Update 15.0 all rewards in Defense and Interception missions stack, and all are kept when choosing to extract.
- Interceptions are separated into 4 tiers:
- Easy: Mercury (Odin), Venus (Cytherean), Earth (Gaia), Mars (Alator) & Ceres (Cinxia)
- Medium: Jupiter (Callisto), Saturn (Rhea), Uranus (Umbriel) & Europa (Ose)
- Hard: Pluto (Cerberus), Eris (Xini) & Sedna (Berehynia) & Void (Mithra)
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|Magazine Warp||10%||Deep Freeze||5.88%||Meso B2 Relic||13.92%|
|Trick Mag||10%||Fast Deflection||5.88%||Meso D3 Relic||13.92%|
|Vitality||10%||Hornet Strike||5.88%||Meso R1 Relic||13.92%|
|Lith B5 Relic||10%||No Return||5.88%||Meso S8 Relic||13.92%|
|Lith C3 Relic||10%||North Wind||5.88%||Meso T1 Relic||13.92%|
|Lith H2 Relic||10%||Reflex Coil||5.88%||Meso T3 Relic||13.92%|
|Lith O1 Relic||10%||Rush||5.88%||Meso Z1 Relic||13.92%|
|Lith P1 Relic||10%||Serration||5.88%||Natural Talent||2.58%|
|Lith Z2 Relic||10%||Speed Trigger||5.88%|
|Meso B2 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso D3 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso R1 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso S8 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso T1 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso T3 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso Z1 Relic||5.88%|
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|15 Endo||9.09%||50 Endo||5.88%||Neo A2 Relic||11.11%|
|Magazine Warp||9.09%||Hell's Chamber||5.88%||Neo B5 Relic||11.11%|
|Trick Mag||9.09%||Hornet Strike||5.88%||Neo G1 Relic||11.11%|
|Vitality||9.09%||No Return||5.88%||Neo H2 Relic||11.11%|
|Meso B2 Relic||9.09%||North Wind||5.88%||Neo K2 Relic||11.11%|
|Meso D3 Relic||9.09%||Reflex Coil||5.88%||Neo L1 Relic||11.11%|
|Meso R1 Relic||9.09%||Serration||5.88%||Neo M1 Relic||11.11%|
|Meso S8 Relic||9.09%||Target Cracker||5.88%||Neo N8 Relic||11.11%|
|Meso T1 Relic||9.09%||Neo A2 Relic||5.88%||Neo S7 Relic||11.11%|
|Meso T3 Relic||9.09%||Neo B5 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso Z1 Relic||9.09%||Neo G1 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo H2 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo K2 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo L1 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo M1 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo N8 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo S7 Relic||5.88%|
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|Magazine Warp||8.33%||Axi A4 Relic||16.67%||Axi A4 Relic||16.67%|
|Trick Mag||8.33%||Axi C3 Relic||16.67%||Axi C3 Relic||16.67%|
|Vitality||8.33%||Axi E2 Relic||16.67%||Axi E2 Relic||16.67%|
|Neo A2 Relic||8.33%||Axi K4 Relic||16.67%||Axi K4 Relic||16.67%|
|Neo B5 Relic||8.33%||Axi L2 Relic||16.67%||Axi L2 Relic||16.67%|
|Neo G1 Relic||8.33%||Axi O4 Relic||16.67%||Axi O4 Relic||16.67%|
|Neo H2 Relic||8.33%|
|Neo K2 Relic||8.33%|
|Neo L1 Relic||8.33%|
|Neo M1 Relic||8.33%|
|Neo N8 Relic||8.33%|
|Neo S7 Relic||8.33%|
Archwing Free Space Interception missions mostly follow the same rules as standard ground-based Interception. The only difference between modes is the method of enemy capture; instead of accessing a control console, the capturing enemy unit will emit an orange electric beam connecting them to the communication tower when they get close enough, and both the comm tower and capturing unit will be surrounded by a red spherical field to denote that a capture is in progress. Once connected the capturing unit will continue to neutralize or capture the tower regardless of how far away they move from the tower, meaning that simply knocking away the enemy unit will not suffice to stop their progress - only killing the unit will stop the capture from finishing.
Only one enemy can capture each tower, and if a capturing unit is destroyed another one in the vicinity can quickly take its place.
Currently only one Archwing Interception node is available, it is Caelus on Uranus.
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|150 Endo||38.72%||50 Endo||10%||400 Endo||22.56%|
|250 Endo||38.72%||250 Endo||10%||250 Endo||11.06%|
|Automatic Trigger||2.51%||Argon Plating||10%||Axi A4 Relic||11.06%|
|Combustion Rounds||2.51%||Bleeding Edge||10%||Axi C3 Relic||11.06%|
|Dual Rounds||2.51%||Electrified Barrel||10%||Axi E2 Relic||11.06%|
|Hollowed Bullets||2.51%||Energy Inversion||10%||Axi K4 Relic||11.06%|
|Magazine Extension||2.51%||Furor||10%||Axi L2 Relic||11.06%|
|Modified Munitions||2.51%||Glacial Edge||10%||Axi O4 Relic||11.06%|
|Parallax Scope||2.51%||Superior Defenses||10%|
|Rubedo-Lined Barrel||2.51%||Superior Defenses||10%|
- Caelus, Uranus
- It is possible to stand on top of a broadcast tower by jumping on it from a higher place or Bullet Jumping.
- Capturing all four points generates approximately 1 capture point every 2 seconds. Thus, it takes at least 3 minutes to complete 1 round.
- The enemy will always have at least 5% captured on solo, due to the time it takes to run between towers.
- The tile used in Sealab Tileset for both Defense and Interception missions always has Orokin Communications Relays in it, although they are in an 'inert' state during Defense missions.
- The first round only start when players take a tower. Newer players not familiar with the tileset can take advantage of this by scouting the map and memorizing routes between towers.
- Enemies will try to re-capture towers in the order they were taken by the players, making them predictable.
- However they will sometimes try to take another tower if the targeted tower couldn't be recaptured for a long period of time.
- Players can track which tower is being recaptured by looking at the blinking tower letters in the top left of the HUD.
- Solo players can easily complete interception missions, with any warframe, by focusing on capturing new towers instead of trying to protect captured ones. Warframe's parkour and movement speed will usually allow to capture three towers before the enemies can recapture the first one.
- Warframe with crowd control abilities (such as Banshee, Chroma, Ember, Excalibur, Frost, Gara, Hydroid, Khora, Limbo, Loki, Mirage, Nezha, Nidus, Nova, Nyx, Oberon, Octavia, Revenant, Rhino, Vauban, Volt) can however speed up the process by locking down the first captured tower or turning enemies against each other.
- Enemies incapacitated by certain warframe abilties (such as Khora's Strangledome) will not count as conflicting when recapturing a tower.
- Only a limited number of enemies will spawn at any given time. It is possible to decode the message without killing any enemies.
- It is however not recommended when doing fissure missions, as killing enemies is required to collect reactant.
- It can be useful to let enemies take one or two towers in fissure missions to slow down the round so that players can have time to collect the ten reactants needed, especially in solo as the number of enemies is reduced.
- Interception was introduced in Update 12.0, though it was limited to Earth until Update 13.5.
- New Interception missions were added to other planets in Update 13.5. Additionally the update reduced the difficulty of the first round for solo players, though the difficulty will remain the same when playing with 2-4 players.
- Interception is the only mission that can reward the player with Natural Talent, but it can also be obtained from Transmutation or defeating The Grustrag Three.
- Like Defense and Survival, an Interception mission has the potential to last indefinitely.
- Grineer Sealab Interception missions at Uranus will have Orokin Communications Relays instead of Grineer ones.
- This makes it the only non-Void tileset to use said Relays.
- Sometimes capture percentage indicators disappear. However, it is still possible to capture the locations without seeing the progress.
- Occasionally, if you kill an enemy with a gib while they are capturing a tower, the tower will still flash as if it is still being captured, but won't actually be captured and will remain in this position until the game ends or a host migration occurs. Enemies will then ignore the tower until the same conditions occur because only one enemy can capture a tower at once and the game still registers it as being captured. This may be due to client or host lag.
- This can also happen to all four towers at once.
- A test mod card labeled "Ancient Retribution" may show up as a reward. The card is used by Digital Extremes for testing and does not actually represent a real mod now or in the future. Claiming the card may crash the game or cause general instability afterwards.
- Enemies in Archwing Interception have a tendency to stick on obstacles near the edges of the map, making certain Interceptions difficult to complete without accidentally forcing an extraction.
- Similar to"Ancient Retribution, there are rare occasion on Archwing Interception where the game shows four "NAME" items instead of the normal rewards. If this occurs it is impossible to extract, and instead the game will start the next wave with the menu interface in the way.
- Enemies affected by Mind Control will still attempt to capture the objectives for the enemy.
- The Grustrag Three may sometimes cause the mission to be unable to be completed if they are alive at 100% broadcasting.
- Syndicate death squads can glitch enemy spawns, reducing it to near zero as long as they are left intact, with the spawn rate gradually resetting to its normal rate as the death squad units are killed off. This can be exploited to give the player an easier time as ranged death squad units often linger outside of a tower's capture radius, though they can capture it if they venture close enough.
- Enemies in Archwing Interception will target only one tower if all towers are captured by the Tenno.
- Sometimes the progress stops and enemies stop spawning. This bug occurs rarely and can be solved by host migration. After this, the round continues without further problems.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Defection • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Interception • Junction • Mobile Defense • Rescue • Sabotage (Deception, Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy • Survival|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush|
|Unique||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assault • Infested Salvage • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Arena||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Alert • Arbitrations • Crossfire • Hazards • Incursion • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure • Free Roam|