|Abilities|| Homing Missiles |
|Mod Drops||Blunderbuss |
Jackal is the final boss of the Venus system. It can be found on the mission Fossa. After defeating it and finishing the mission, you have a chance to receive the Rhino Helmet, Rhino Chassis, or Rhino Systems blueprint.
The Jackal is a massive four-legged mechanical beast with yellow-green armor plating. He is also shown in the trailer (2004) of Dark Sector under a completely different design, yet still heavily resembles Jackal.
The Jackal, like other bosses, has unique taunts. Here is a list of them:
- "Trivial threat detected."
- "Enemy analysis: Organic. Threat level: Impotent."
- "Threat Level Upgraded. Classification: Pathetic."
- "Prototype engagement test: Ready. Tenno destruction analytics: Recording."
- Jackal will be waiting in the center of the room upon entering the boss room, and the opening cinematic will begin once all players have gotten close to it.
- Its legs will slowly regenerate health if undamaged, but the rate is insignificant.
- If you scan the Jackal before it is active, the scan will complete but no data will be given for the codex.
- The Jackal is the first Corpus boss players will face.
- Jackal is one of the few bosses that is not distracted by Loki's Decoy, and Saryn's Molt abilities.
- Prior to Update 6, upon players entering the room, it would ascend from a large hole in the middle of the room by elevator before beginning the battle.
- The elevator was removed due to issues with players becoming stuck in the area beneath it. Wall running had not been implemented at the time, making it impossible to escape without Loki's Switch Teleport.
- Jackal is also the only Corpus boss that players will have to defeat in the assassination type Alerts Corpus missions.
- As of Update 9, the new Grineer Galleon sets feature a room where there is another, seemingly deactivated Jackal hanging from cords in the center of the room. Possible speculation is that the Grineer are trying to harness Corpus technology.
- The original Dark Sector technology demo showed the Grineer releasing a Jackal on Hayden Tenno. It is also possible that the Jackals in the Galleons are technology transfer items purchased from the Corpus.
- Sustained fire from some high damage weapons can take down the Jackal quickly without having to focus on disabling it's legs.
- A Jackal's remains can be found in the clan dojo energy lab.
- Occasionally, when Jackal fires his missiles he will launch into the ceiling. After a brief period of time, he'll fall back down.
- At certain tendencies, these missiles do not return for the Jackal's intended targets, as if the missiles are fired at the ceiling for nothing.
- If one or more players are standing on top of the Jackal before the cutscene begins, they will still be suspended in the air, both in game and in cinematic. Players can shoot without falling down, but moving in any way (including being knocked with Stomp Shockwave) makes one fall to the ground.
- If something is holding the doors open (an enemy or a decoy) when the cutscene begins, the doors won't lock down. The Jackal can't go through them so players can exploit this bug to ease the fight. (doors seem to close after a player enters and exits them, if the enemy blocking was killed)
- Any mods dropped from Jackal will almost always fall through the floor, making it impossible to get any mods from Jackal. (but, if the player has a Carrier sentinel, they will have an eligibility of picking up the dropped mod)
- Prior to Update 12 there was a bug where the Jackal didn't drop mods after it was killed; this was fixed with the arrival of Update 12.
- if Jackal is being damaged by Zephyr's Tornado, the "cast time" it takes to use will become half
The Jackal's main body is normally protected by heavy shielding. Disabling any leg by damaging it will cause it to collapse, disabling his shield. There's a time limit and damage tolerance the it will take before it recovers. Note that the Jackal will be invulnerable for a short time when recovering.
|This energy-charged grenade will latch on a surface and explode in energy blast.|
| Power Strength: |
| Power Range: |
| Power Duration: |
2 Seconds (Fuse)
| Users: |
Councilor Vay Hek
- After sticking onto a surface, it will explode in two seconds and deals Blast damage within 10 meters.
- Damage scales with level.
- Enemies will occasionally throw a Plasma Grenade at their target. Enemies known to do this are Crewmen, Elite Lancers, Lancers, Troopers, Councilor Vay Hek, Corrupted Cremen and Lancers.
- Jackal, unlike other enemies, will launch Plasma Grenades in clusters, capable of taking down even the strongest Warframe. This is the most lethal arsenal known to Corpus technology.
- Can latch onto a player, which will guarantee a heavy damage.
- Has a delay before exploding.
- Has a small AoE damage.
- Launchers will mostly miss.
- Plasma grenades behave similarly to those used in the Halo series, as it sticks on targets after a throw, making it a quick reference to avoid such hazard.
- Plasma grenades seems to be a close family counterpart to Penta's explosive.
|Stomping the ground with incredible force, the shockwave ripples away from the epicentrum, capable of tumbling down those who got caught.|
| Power Strength: |
| Power Range: |
5 / 10 Meters
| Power Duration: |
| Users: |
- The forceful stomp tremors a shockwave as wide as 5 meters radius which will expand and peak at 10 meters radius. Those who got caught in the ripple will suffer a knockdown and low damage.
- Damage does not scale with level.
- In Anti MOA's case, when the energy shot is discharged at the wall, it will expand at peak at 5 meters diameters with the same knockdown effect and low damage
- Shockwave MOAs have a 10 seconds cooldown before it is capable of using this ability again.
- Ripple Shockwave is exclusive to Corpus' arsenal.
- This ability can be interrupted on a Jackal by shooting it's leg down.
- This ability cannot be interrupted of a Shockwave MOA as since Update.?, knocking down Shockwave MOA will not stop the ability to be executed (the shockwave starts regardless of the MOA knocked down).
- Knockdown radius are dependent on the surface ripples, you can jump in front of a Jackal when it stomped the ground to avoid knockdown.
- Relatively easy to dodge, compared to Seismic Shockwave.
Jackal has a massive amount of firepower in the front, covering is recommended when it singles you out as a target. It can also Stomp Shockwave which can be jumped over to avoid knockdown (hiding behind the pillars can also block it). Do not worry about its missiles, they are hardly lethal as they are weak and inaccurate.
The Jackal's worst threat is when it spews out waves of Plasma Grenades (each dealing 200s), run as FAR AWAY as possible, for not even the strongest Tenno will survive the blast.
It is also advised to shoot down as many Mine Ospreys as you can while taking cover from the Jackal's gunfire to keep the amount of mines under control.
Carrying an accurate weapon with Magnetic or Gas elemental properties is also very effective against Jackal; a player using a properly-outfitted sniper can disable Jackal with a single shot to a limb, allowing uninterrupted fire to the head. As soon as Jackal "wakes up" and starts moving again, the sniper can disable Jackal again. Alternatively, a high DPS weapon with Magnetic elemental damage can also tear Jackal to shreds.
Utilizing Warframe AbilitiesEdit
If you are playing as an Excalibur, save your energy for Slash Dash. Once you see it go down, use Slash Dash on him as many times as possible. Using Radial Javelin on him is not recommended as the said ability outdamages it's 'damage tolerance' by thousands of damages. His Radial Blind is also very effective in stunning him.
Using Rhino's Iron Skin to get close is also an effective method to shoot it up close as it will block it's Stomp Shockwave and deprive most of it's firepower—Be aware that its wave of Plasma Grenade can still destroy Rhino's Iron Skin.
Frost's Freeze is also very effective. It can keep him in place for the full duration and stays when you shoot him (Probably a bug). This allows you to shoot him in the body without retaliation.
Against a Higher Leveled JackalEdit
Occasionally, in a higher leveled planet such as Pluto, few of the alerts are high level assassination mission which target is the Jackal.
The Jackal will still have the same patterns and method of fighting—Save for its damage buff. However, as it's 'damage tolerance' do not scale with its health, destroying it through normal method is close to impossible, if not, takes extremely long.
The only effective method to damage it is to directly attack it's shield off. Avoid shooting it's legs as it will rejuvenate all of it's shieldings when downed. It is recommended to bring accurate weapons in this battle such as Snipetron Vandal, Vectis, Vulkar, Dera and Acrid. Shotguns are also fine if one shoot it very close up to him.
|Grineer||Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • Kela De Thaym • Lieutenant Lech Kril • Tyl Regor|
|Corpus||Alad V • Ambulas • Jackal • Sgt. Nef Anyo • Hyena Pack • Raptor|
|Infested||J3-Golem • Phorid • Lephantis|
|The Grustrag Three • Harvester • Stalker|
| Crewman • Elite Crewman • Prod Crewman • Sniper Crewman • Corpus Tech|
Anti MOA • Fusion MOA • MOA • Railgun MOA • Shockwave MOA
Drone • Leech Osprey • Mine Osprey • Oxium Osprey • Scavenger Drone • Shield Osprey
Corpus Target • Corpus Turret • Laser Barrier • Scout • Security Camera
|Alad V • Ambulas • Harvester • Hyena Pack • Jackal • Raptor • Sgt. Nef Anyo|