The Juggernaut is a large, quadrupedal Infested creature armed with formidable ranged attacks and deadly close-quarters combat abilities. Combining these threats with its heavy armor shell, the Juggernaut becomes an intimidating opponent. The Juggernaut's abilities include a charging body attack, a ranged spine strike (a scaled version of the Phorid's similar attack) and the ability to resurrect a number of nearby dead Infested.
- The Juggernaut will make its presence known on any Infested mission by roaring accompanied with flickering lights, in a fashion similar to assassins like the Stalker. The roar will buff a number of Infested units within the vicinity of the player, indicated by an orange aura around them. The Juggernaut will only spawn if several of these buffed units are killed. The more players there are in a Squad, the more Infested must be killed to lure the Juggernaut out. If the player does not wish for the Juggernaut to spawn, they may simply avoid combat until it moves on.
- The Juggernaut's Roar will also disable active powers like Mind Control to all infested within range.
- The Juggernaut's armor shell greatly reduces the damage of all direct attacks. Players can reliably damage the monster by attacking its two weak points:
- The first weak point is the glowing stomach located on its underside, which the Juggernaut will expose before performing its ground stomp attack. Even when unexposed, it is possible to bounce launcher explosives underneath of the creature and damage the weak spot that way.
- The second weak point is the maw on its back from which the Juggernaut launches its ranged attacks. The maw stays protected for all but a split second when it is opened. Successfully attacking this spot causes massive damage, but beware its lethal spine strike which can decimate lightly armored warframes with a single barrage.
- The Juggernaut is incapable of climbing high surfaces. If it cannot be defeated, simply luring the Juggernaut into a deep pit can render it mostly harmless.
- The Juggernaut can be damaged by Trinity's Energy Vampire. Percentage based damage such as Slash completely bypasses The Juggernaut's armor.
- Can be chained with Harrow's Condemn.
- Can be affected by Banshee's Sonar to deal additional damage, making it much more easy to deal much more damage while its maw is closed.
- Can be put to sleep by Ivara's sleep arrows, although for minimal duration.
- Can be resurrected and enthralled by Nekros' Shadows Of The Dead.
- Can become mind controlled by Nyx, although for minimal duration.
- Ash's Seeking Shuriken augment does not strip Juggernaut's armor, but a Kavat's Sharpened Claws does.
- Nidus's Virulence and Ember's World On Fire both seem to bypass the Juggernaut's armor.
- Mirage's Hall of Mirrors copies can be used to lock Juggernaut into ranged attack cycle with some positioning, which allows for free shots in vulnerable parts.
- Can be proc-ed with Radiation damage.
- Can be proc-ed with Slash damage, which bypasses the Juggernaut's armor and deals full damage.
- Resource boosters do not affect the materials dropped by the Juggernaut, but Desecrate will cause it to drop an additional material piece while also providing a second chance at the Pherliac Pods Blueprint.
- Donning the extra protection of Valkyr's Hysteria or Rhino's Iron Skin can help players fight the Juggernaut within its normally intimidating close range.
- Does count as a kill objective in Exterminate missions.
- The Juggernaut will spawn only when a large portion of the buffed infested are killed within about a minute of its original roar.
- Its roar breaks the effects of Mind Control on nearby infested.
- If the player manages to stay hidden after killing all nearby Infested, the Juggernaut will enter an unalerted state. The Juggernaut is susceptible to stealth finisher attacks which can potentially kill the monster in a single strike with a strong enough weapon. If the Juggernaut survives a stealth finisher, the player can evade its detection and repeat the process.
- Players need not kill any infested to trigger the Juggernaut's roar. For parties who wish to provoke the Juggernaut, a common tactic is to run past all infested until the first roar and then turn and kill them all.
- When running a weekly Survival mission with Clem, a juggernaut will spawn and attack the Tenno at the five-minute mark so long as the tileset is controlled by the Infested.
- The Juggernaut is based on the Juggernaut Behemoth, which was the last of the winning entries of the Enemies of the Tenno contest to be implemented into the game, and was designed by player SilverBones, who also designed the Silva & Aegis melee weapon.
- The Juggernaut was introduced in Update 16.8 without being mentioned in the update notes.
- After the Juggernaut's first roar, sometimes all Infested units will have the orange aura for the rest of the mission.
| ||Mission||Hallowed Nightmares||Codex Scans||N/A|
Infested Spawning Tar
|Other Drops|| Chitinous Husk 25%|
Infected Palpators 25%
Pulsating Tubercles 25%
Severed Bile Sac 25%
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Calculated Redirection 0.57%|
Fracturing Wind 0.22%
Speed Trigger 0.22%
15 Endo 0.63%
|+ + +++ ‐‐ ‐‐|
|+ ++ +++ - -|
- First roar announcing the Juggernaut:
- Lotus announcement:
- Second roar announcing the Juggernaut:
- Juggernaut Behemoth, the larger boss variant.
|Walker||Charger • Leaper • Maggot • Runner • Volatile Runner|
|Crawler||Crawler • Electric Crawler • Lobber Crawler • Nauseous Crawler • Toxic Crawler|
|Machine||Mutalist Osprey • Swarm Mutalist MOA • Tar Mutalist MOA • Power Carrier|
|Ancient||Ancient Disruptor • Ancient Healer • Boiler • Brood Mother • Toxic Ancient|
|Archwing||Attack Mutalist • Mutalist Lightning Carrier • Mutalist Toxic Carrier|
|Jordas Golem • Juggernaut (Behemoth) • Lephantis • Mutalist Alad V • Phorid|