Junctions consists of a small, circular room, with a specter kneeling in the center. Each Junction is accompanied by a series of specific tasks. Completing these tasks is required to challenge a Junction's specter for control of the connected Solar Rail, which unlocks the next celestial body.
In addition to star chart progression, completing a Junction grants 1,000 Mastery and several miscellaneous rewards (typically weapon blueprints and/or quests). Junction rewards can only be claimed once.
|Venus||Level 5 Volt Specter equipped with a Magnus and Heat Sword|
|Earth||Level 5 Rhino Specter equipped with a Soma and Dual Raza|
|Earth||Level 10 Frost Specter equipped with a Tigris and Sibear|
|Mars||Level 20 Mag Specter equipped with the Hikou and Tipedo|
|Mars||Level 20 Trinity Specter equipped with a Paris and "The Staff of Light"|
|Ceres||Level 25 Valkyr Specter equipped with the Afuris and Anku|
|Jupiter||Level 25 Nova Specter equipped with the Kunai and Ether Daggers|
|Jupiter||Level 25 Ember Specter equipped with a Magnus and Heat Sword|
|Saturn||Level 30 Equinox Specter equipped with a Boltor and Shaku|
|Uranus||Level 30 Loki Specter equipped with a Burston and Boltace|
|Neptune||Level 30 Excalibur Specter equipped with a Braton Vandal and Dual Skana|
|Pluto||Level 40 Mesa Specter equipped with Regulators and a Redeemer|
|Pluto||Level 35 Saryn Specter equipped with a Vectis and Karyst|
- Junctions can be used as shortcuts between celestial bodies when navigating the star chart.
- Players may enter the junction even if they have not fulfilled the tasks. They will, however, be barred from fighting the specter of the Junction, thus unable to progress through the rail.
- The list of tasks and rewards will be shown in the rail, in front of the area the player is barred from entering into. This is the same list as the one shown on the star chart.
- Exiting a Junction will not be considered a mission failure.
- Specters can be scanned even if the player is prevented from attacking them.
- Certain paths between celestial destinations do not have Junctions, and can be traversed as soon as the nodes at either end are unlocked. They are:
- Specters reward approximately 2,000 affinity when killed.
- The Neptune Junction's requirements will count the use of any exalted melee weapon as a normal melee weapon.
- Also, it will not count Archwing primary weapons against the requirement. You can safely take an Archwing primary into a submersible mission while still counting as "melee only".
- Using crowd control abilities that stun or freeze enemies (e.g. Volt's Discharge and Harrow's Condemn) will leave Specters completely vulnerable to the player's attacks, making Junctions relatively trivial.
- As the level of the Specters increase so do their firepower, potentially threatening and, in some extreme cases, killing the player in a matter of seconds. It is recommended to bring a frame with either the ability to protect themselves from damage (e.g. Volt's Electric Shield or Valkyr's Hysteria), the ability to heal themselves (e.g. Trinity's Blessing), or that can decently tank damage (e.g. Rhino or Inaros).
- Each specter is based on the Warframe whose components drop from the next location's boss, with the exception of Volt on Mercury.
- Players retained any star chart progress made prior to Update: Specters of the Rail. However, Junctions themselves still needed to be completed to gain their rewards. Furthermore, Junction tasks only counted progress made after the update, with the exception of completed quests.
- Junctions were inspired by Hyper Light Drifter.
- The large window in the Junctions is not solid, allowing players to knock the Specter out into space with the appropriate abilities and weapons.
- The Sedna Junction may not allow the player to enter even when all four requirements have been met or the junction has already been completed.
- The Europa Junction states that the player must craft a Warframe Specter. This is a visual bug, and the player must make a vapor specter
- If a Junction is already completed and the player returns to scan the Specter for a codex entry, the Specter must be scanned and killed, then the player must return a second time and repeat this process for the codex entry to show up.
- This bug can be bypassed by exiting the junction from the Esc. menu.
|PvE||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assassination • Assault • Capture • Defection • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Infested Salvage • Interception • Junction • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Recovery • Rescue • Rush • Sabotage (Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy • Survival • Trial|
|PvP||Duel • Solar Rail Conflict|
Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro
|Alert • Crossfire • Hazards • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Quest • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure • Free Roam|