The Kronen are a pair of bladed Tonfas that were added into the game in Update 14.5, and second of the fan-made weapon designs from DE's Community Melee Weapon Contest to be implemented, the first being the Silva & Aegis.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints:65,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Third highest slide attack damage of all melee weapons, tied with Dex Dakra, after the Boltace and Dual Kamas Prime.
- Third highest base damage among the dual melee, tied with Dex Dakra, after the Boltace and Dual Kamas Prime.
- Fast attack speed.
- Good status chance.
- Slam attack ragdolls enemies.
- Low critical chance.
- Very short range on slide attack.
- See Category:Kronen Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Kronen Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- This weapon requires Mastery Rank 3 and two Argon Crystals to craft.
- The last attack of the Kronen's basic combo can hit enemies behind the player.
- The Kronen counts towards the "Dagger Proficiency" achievements.
- With melee auto-aim on, you will be reduced to a very slow pace when your character chases down running enemies. Often, in the case of targeting a fleeing Grineer Lancer for example, the speed at which you move forward to attack is nearly equal to his run speed, meaning you will continue to swipe at him without hitting him until he stops moving.
- This was the first Tonfa-type weapon in Warframe.
- At 65,000 credits, the Kronen has the most expensive weapon blueprint in Warframe.
- The Kronen is one of the winning weapons from the fan-created melee weapon contest (preceding the Silva & Aegis). Its design was submitted by the player Datareaper.
- Kronen is German for "crowns" or "coins".
- When the Kronen was first released, it was unable to do wall attacks due to a bug. This was fixed in Update 14.8.0
- Chroma is the first and currently only frame to mount Kronen on his back differently, they are stored closer together, pointing nearly straight upwards.
- Perhaps the name is a reference to the Hellboy film character, Colonel Kroenen, who prefers using bladed tonfas.
- Boltace, the weapon that is crafted from the Kronen.