The Kunai are a set of throwing knives, released in Update 8.0. It deals a significant amount of damage, but can be hard to aim with because of its arrow-like arc projection.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Can hit multiple enemies in a short line (caused by flying dead bodies and not by the Kunai).
- Very fast reload speed.
- Fast fire rate.
- Can be 'fired' automatically.
- The arc of the shots enable headshots over cover.
- Two polarity slots, ideal for Hornet Strike and Barrel Diffusion.
- Can use the Kunai-exclusive Stockpiled Blight Augment mod.
- Has travel time, making it difficult to land an accurate shot at long distances.
- Shoots in an arc, making it difficult for use at long range.
- Low critical chance.
- Even lower than the MK1-Kunai.
- Low status chance.
- Kunai, compared to MK1-Kunai:
- See Category:Kunai Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Kunai Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets.
- When using at a distance, aim above the enemy to adjust for the arc of the blades.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- Alternatively, bring along Team Ammo Restores.
- The Kunai's throwing arc means you can sometimes aim at targets behind cover. Aiming slightly above the cover will result in the Kunai curving downwards onto the target.
- Note that this is extremely situational, as enemy cover is usually too high to take advantage of this.
- The Kunai does not have the pinning properties of other projectile weapons, such as the Boltor or Paris, but will simply throw targets backwards upon death.
- The Kunai (苦無) were traditionally a multipurpose tool, similar in design to a crowbar or trowel. It could be used for gardening, masonry, and other things. Popular culture has since associated the kunai with ninjas.
- The Despair and Hikou share similarities to the Kunai, they are all thrown secondaries that deal mostly Puncture damage.
- Update 16.7 revealed the Kunai to be a themed-weapon based off the Paris, in the same manner that other themed-weapons like the Akjagara, Aksomati, and Bolto are related to the Tigris, Soma, and Boltor respectively.
- Despair, a similar weapon.
- MK1-Kunai, the starter version of this weapon.
- Paris, the bow the Kunai is based off.
- Tipedo, a weapon crafted from the Kunai.