The Kunai are a set of throwing knives, released in Update 8.0. It deals a significant amount of damage, but can be hard to aim with because of its arrow-like arc projection.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage - effective against armor.
- Very fast reload speed.
- Fast fire rate.
- Ragdolls and pins the target to the wall on a kill.
- Ragdolled bodies fly in a straight line and can damage other enemies in its path.
- Two polarity slots, ideal for Hornet Strike and Barrel Diffusion.
- Can use the Kunai-exclusive Stockpiled Blight Augment mod.
- Low Impact and Slash damage - less effective against shields and health.
- Projectiles have travel time and travel in an arc, making it difficult to land an accurate shot at long distances.
- Low critical chance.
- Below average critical damage multiplier.
- Low status chance.
- Although listed as 100% accurate, the Kunai has a slight random spread with every throw, making long range targets more difficult to hit.
- Kunai, compared to MK1-Kunai:
- Higher base damage (46.0 vs. 40.0)
- Higher critical chance (8% vs. 5%)
- Lower critical damage multiplier (1.6x vs. 2x)
- Higher status chance (8% vs. 2.5%)
- Slower reload speed (0.8 s vs. 0.75 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 0)
- See Category:Kunai Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Kunai Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets.
- When using at a distance, aim above the enemy to adjust for the arc of the blades.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- Alternatively, bring along Team Ammo Restores.
- The Kunai's throwing arc means you can sometimes aim at targets behind cover. Aiming slightly above the cover will result in the Kunai curving downwards onto the target.
- Note that this is extremely situational, as enemy cover is usually too high to take advantage of this.
- The Kunai does not have the pinning properties of other projectile weapons, such as the Boltor or Paris, but will simply throw targets backwards upon death.
- The Kunai (苦無) were traditionally a multipurpose tool, similar in design to a crowbar or trowel. It could be used for gardening, masonry, and other things. Popular culture has since associated the kunai with ninjas.
- The Despair and Hikou share similarities to the Kunai, they are all thrown secondaries that deal mostly Puncture damage.
- Update 16.7 revealed the Kunai to be a themed-weapon based off the Paris, in the same manner that other themed-weapons like the Akjagara, Aksomati, and Bolto are related to the Tigris, Soma, and Boltor respectively.
- Despair, a similar weapon.
- MK1-Kunai, the starter version of this weapon.
- Paris, the bow the Kunai is based off.
- Tipedo, a weapon crafted from the Kunai.