“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”This article contains spoilers about the game's lore.
Kurias (originally nicknamed Orokitties) are mysterious relics scattered throughout the origin system. They can be scanned with either Codex or Synthesis Scanners to unlock lines from an epic about the origin of the Twin Queens.
Upon scanning half of the Kurias, players will receive the following message from the unknown entity Olemedi:
Attached to this message is the Kuria Emblem cosmetic.
Upon scanning three quarters of the Kurias, players will receive the following message from Olemedi:
Attached to this message is the Kuria Glyph.
Upon scanning all of the Kurias, players will receive the following message from Olemedi:
Attached to this message is the Kuria Statuette decoration.
- Each Kuria has a specific location within certain tile sets, regardless of the planet they occur on.
- Though they can always be found in their respective locations, they can only be scanned once.
- Kurias can be marked with a special HUD icon using a waypoint (default ).
- Kurias emit a distinct chiming sound within a short distance from them, which can reveal their locations to players.
- Kurias will emit a faint golden glow while aiming with scanners.
- The Synthesis Scanner's Cross-Matrix Widget will not trigger when scanning Kuria.
- Helios cannot scan Kurias.
- Prior to Update 17.0, Kuria were small, low-resolution cat statues decorated with rings reminiscent of Frost Prime's helmet. These statues could not be scanned, and were simply easter eggs dubbed "Orokitties".
- YouTube playlist of Kuria locations: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMTCcd8fZtMbgNfvjaTCQptU9kGoUro5N