“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”This article contains spoilers about the game's lore.
Wearing heavy armor and adorned in red cloth, the fearsome Kuva Guardians are among the fighting elite in the Queens' army. The Guardians will surround their enemies and with just a few well-placed blows, bring Tenno to their knees. They are followed around by mischievous Jester-like creatures that are quick to attack and are quite deadly.
At least one pair of Kuva Guardians and Jesters will spawn in to protect Kuva Siphons.
The Guardians' Kuva-infused Kesheg makes them immune to any conventional type of damage or crowd control as long as they are holding it. To be able to damage them, the player must utilize their Void powers to disarm them:
- Switch to Operator mode by using Transference (default ).
- Use Void Blast (melee ) in front to stun them, which will cause them to kneel down.
- Use Void Dash (holding crouch and pressing jump ) to dash through them while they are stunned.
This will force the Kesheg out of the Guardian's hands, consequently making them vulnerable to all sources of damage. Do not let your guard down however, as they will pull out their devastating Twin Rogga pistols to keep up the attack. If given enough time they will pick their Kesheg back up, which will turn them invulnerable again.
- Kuva Guardian are able to continuously fire their Twin Roggas, despite their single-shot flintlock design.
- Kuva Guardians have an Innate reduced Status Duration effect, causing status effects such as Viral or Slash to disappear quicker than they would normally.
- Kuva Guardians are stylized to represent the elder of Twin Queens.
- As with the Kuva Jesters, Kuva Guardians feature unique dialog and voices not heard anywhere else throughout the Grineer line of common units.
- Kuva Guardians codex entry displays no weapons.
- Puncture damage may randomly pierce their immunity.
- They often ignore passive knockdown immunity granted to the player through mods like Fortitude or Power Drift.
|Light||Bailiff • Butcher • Drahk • Flameblade • Guardsman • Hyekka • Powerfist • Scorpion • Shield Lancer|
|Medium||Ballista • Eviscerator • Hellion • (Elite) Lancer • Scorch • Seeker • Trooper|
|Heavy||Bombard • Commander • Drahk Master • Heavy Gunner • Hyekka Master • Manic • |
Napalm • Nox
|Archwing||Dargyn • Dreg • Hellion Dargyn • Lancer Dreg • Shield Dargyn • Shield-Hellion Dargyn • Temporal Dreg • Ogma • Zeplen|
|Submersible||Darek Draga • Draga • Shock Draga • Sikula|
|Miscellaneous||Arc Trap • Eidolon Lure • Latcher • Manic Bombard • Orbital Strike Drone • Propaganda Drone • Power Carrier • Roller (Sentry) • Regulator • Sensor Bar • Sensor Regulator • Target • Tusk Seeker Drone • Warden|
| Balor Fomorian • Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • Kela De Thaym •|
Lieutenant Lech Kril • The Grustrag Three • Tyl Regor • Ven'kra Tel & Sprag