|Lieutenant Lech Kril|
|Planet||Ceres and Phobos|
|Mission||Exta and Iliad|
|Mod Drops||Cryo Rounds |
Lieutenant Lech Kril is the final boss of Ceres, and also makes an appearance on Phobos alongside Captain Vor as a dual boss battle on the planet. He can be found on the mission Exta on Ceres and Iliad on Phobos.
On Phobos, he rewards Miter parts and its blueprint, or the Twin Gremlins blueprint. He also drops blueprints for Trinity components. He has two phases, first being Ice and the second Fire, which he will enter after his cryo pack is destroyed four times.
Lieutenant Lech Kril, like other bosses, has unique taunts. Here is a list of them:
- And I will strike down upon (player name) with great vengeance and furious anger!
- Hold still and I'll make this quick.
- Trust me when I say you won't feel a thing.
- Beneath those suits exist flesh. Flesh bleeds. (player name) bleeds.
- I forgot my nails... I guess (player name) will have to do!
- Grineer immortality begins with the strike of my hammer!
- Does that second-skin peel away just as easy as the first?
- I am Lieutenant Lech Kril. My hammer awaits your skull.
- I have seen and conquered many clans. (Clan name) will be next!
- You ever get hammered in that suit?
- The sound of hammer shattering ice is pure auditory perfection.
In Phase 1, Kril is completely invincible and insusceptible to damage, due to his heavy armoring. He primarily uses his high-damaging Gorgon. Standing in his line of fire will result in having one's shields and health shredded away in seconds. Getting close to him will prompt him to use his Brokk to swing at the player.
Aside from his weapons, he also has two abilities to assist in combat, most likely augmented by the coolant pack on his back. The first is Freeze, akin to Frost's Freeze ability, this serves as a projectile weapon for him. On hit, it will deal moderate damage to the player while also applying cold proc, significantly slowing down their movements for a few seconds. The second ability is Ice Wave, akin to Frost's ability. It is telegraphed by Kril lifting his hammer before swinging it down, creating a wave of icicles in a straight line ahead of him which deal high damage.
Phase 1 will continue until all four cooling tubes on his cooling pack is destroyed.
Once Kril's cooling tubes are destroyed, he will go berserk, erupting in flames. At this point, he will lose his invulnerability, put away his Gorgon and go full-on melee with his Brokk.
Despite his large size, he is extremely fast and can easily catch up to players. His hammer is devastating in combat, and has a much faster swing speed, as well as being able to knock down players on hit.
In this phase, Kril will slame a Fire Wave instead of an Ice Wave, creating a heavy-damaging line of napalm in front of him. He can also launch his hammer lethally at the player like a boomerang, similar to throwing a Glaive. Also similar to the Glaive, Kril cannot attack before the hammer comes back to him.
Defensively, Kril's shields have a high recharge delay and a below average recharge rate. However, he makes himself up by having extremely powerful armor, which can be mistaken for high health.
In Phase 1, Kril's heavy armoring is invulnerable to damage, conserve your ammo and destroy his cryo pack instead. It can be easily be done by flanking him as a team. Solo players can bait him into using Ice Wave and then running behind him to shoot while he's lifting his hammer back up. Alternatively, players can bait him into swinging his Brokk, and shoot him as he's turning back around.
Once the cryo pack is destroyed, you'll have to bait him into using Freeze or Ice Wave again to make him freeze himself. While waiting for him to use Ice Wave, you should hide behind cover or run around to dodge his bullets. Once he uses Ice Wave again, the cryo pack will malfunction and freeze him temporarily, giving a break time (Note that Lech Kril is still invincible to damage even when frozen).
It is recommended to always stay close to cover during this phase. Although his Freeze Dart can be dodged by keeping an eye on Kril's motion, being close to cover can save you if you do accidentally get hit by a Dart and become frozen. Being caught out in the open while frozen can result in getting heavily damaged or killed by Kril's Gorgon.
In Phase 2, while he only can be taken down by mostly kiting, most of his attack is predictable. His Brokk will glow brightly when thrown, note that Kril is stationary while throwing the hammer and until it returns, use this opportunity to damage him. his Fire Wave will be telegraphed by Kril lifting his hammer before slamming it to the ground.
If Kril charges at you and he's faster than you, do not keep running away. Instead, run towards him and flank besides or over him. This will make him try to swing his hammer down on you, thus temporarily stopping his movements, while getting away from his attack.
Utilizing Warframe Abilities
- Lieutenant Lech Kril is a revered war hero among the Grineer. While his assassination will result in stability in the planetary system and intimidate the rest of the Grineer, Lotus dislikes the fact that it will also make him a martyr to his people.
- He looked like a larger Grineer Butcher before Update 7, and wielded a Fragor instead.
- There was a glitch resulting in his portrait during dialogue being the same as Kela De Thaym's. This glitch has been fixed on Update 8, giving him his proper dialogue portrait. His mission portrait is still the same as his appearance prior to Update 7, however.
- Currently, there is a chance that a glitch could happen after one or more of its cooling tubes has been severed, causing the battle against him to stuck on Phase 1, on which the Cryo pack cannot be damaged further. The only known cause is if a someone uses the Rhino warframe while fighting him, especially if Rhino's stomp ability is used.
- There used to be a bug with Kril being invulnerable on Phobos when Captain Vor is killed during Kril's "Frozen" phase (Phase 1).
- It appears that (the Post-Update 7) Kril comes up in the Warframe Open Beta trailer, though still wielding the Manticore, rather than the current Brokk.
- He was the first boss to undergo a major revamp, receiving a more complex boss battle and unique voice-acting and animations.
- Prior to Update 7.5, he used the Manticore instead of the Brokk.
- He also was the first boss to have a special death animation. Prior to Update 8, on death, he would fall flat on the ground like a downed player before actually dying. It took a little time for him to bleed out on his own, but one could finish him to shorten the time. After Update 8, he now has a new death animation where he falls to his knees and collapses before erupting in a fiery explosion.
- Warning: It is possible for Kril's explosion on death to cause his drops to be hurled all over the arena. The disintegration effect of Molecular Prime causes his explosion to not occur, negating this problem.
- Prior to Update 8, which gave him an almost complete re-make in terms of skills, the entire boss battle involved Phase 1 without the weakspot, being just another bullet sponge fight.
- Lieutenant Lech Kril's taunt "And I will strike down upon (player name) with great vengeance and furious anger!" Is a reference to a scene in Pulp Fiction, in which Samuel L. Jackson states the same as a quote from the Bible's book Ezekiel 25:17.(Not actually in the Bible, created specifically for the movie.)
- Kril does have a face modeled behind his helmet, though not much different than other Grineers. See the gallery below.
- As of Update 11, his shields can be damaged during Phase 1. Although he is still invulnerable, bleeding effect from Slash-based weapons will directly damage his health.
| Butcher • Powerfist • Flameblade • Scorpion • Eviscerator|
Lancer • Elite Lancer • Trooper • Shield Lancer • Seeker • Scorch • Ballista • Hellion
Heavy Gunner • Napalm • Bombard • Commander • Latcher • Roller • Regulator • Target
| Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • The Grustrag Three • Kela De Thaym|
Lieutenant Lech Kril • Tyl Regor
|Grineer||Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • Kela De Thaym • Lieutenant Lech Kril • Tyl Regor|
|Corpus||Alad V • Ambulas • Jackal • Sgt. Nef Anyo • Hyena Pack • Raptor|
|Infested||J3-Golem • Phorid • Lephantis|
|The Grustrag Three • Harvester • Stalker|