The MK1-Bo is one of two starting Melee weapons available to new Tenno, picked up during the Vor's Prize tutorial prologue. Its long reach makes it ideal for new players who want to keep enemies at arm's length.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- One polarity slot.
- Long range for a melee weapon.
- Can hit multiple targets at once.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Stance mod has polarity, matches Flailing Branch stance.
- High status chance.
- Slower than the average weapon.
- Jump attack has small radius and only stuns the target.
- Low Puncture and no Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- MK1-Bo, compared to Bo:
- MK1-Bo, compared to Bo Prime:
- This weapon can be bought in the Market for 15,000 and can be obtained for free during the Vor's Prize quest.
- See Category:MK1-Bo Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:MK1-Bo Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The MK1-Bo is a weaker version of the standard Bo that deals less overall damage.
- Its generous status chance makes it useful for slowing down enemies with North Wind.
- The MK1-Bo was introduced as one of three starting Melee weapon options for new players, alongside the Skana and the MK1-Furax.
- Bō (棒:ぼう) is the Japanese word for stick/rod/staff. Used for various forms and styles of martial arts around the world the staff is a highly versatile weapon. Its composition is usually made of hard wood though its weight could vary from light to heavy, flexible to rigid, and from simple shaft to decorated ornaments. A bō staff is typically 6 feet long with other staves of various lengths possessing different names.
- Despite the blue energy depicted in the Bo's portrait the default energy color of the Bo is red.
- Only the host is capable of ragdolling enemies with the Bo.
- Executing Slash Dash without holding the MK1-Bo will toggle the channeling effect permanently on your weapon. Sometimes the staff will just continue to shine brightly (while on your back) as if you were channeling it. A melee attack will remove the effect.