The MK1-Braton is one of two starting Primary weapons available to new Tenno that can be acquired during the Vor's Prize tutorial prologue, and is standard issue to most Tenno recruits. The damage and fire-rate are sub-optimal in comparison to other assault rifles, but the strongest point lies in the accuracy and stability, allowing easy handling of the weapon. It is generally recommended to replace the MK1-Braton whenever possible.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Deals high Slash damage - effective against Flesh and Cloned Flesh.
- High accuracy and low recoil.
- Good magazine size.
- Good rate of fire.
- Low base damage.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage, less effective against shields and armor.
- Sub-optimal ammo efficiency.
- Low critical damage potential.
- Low status chance.
- MK1-Braton, compared to the Braton:
- Main article: Category:MK1-Braton Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- Sell the weapon after acquiring around 25,000 and reaching rank 30, as the Braton is much more useful for missions after Mercury.
- Using Rifle Ammo Mutation can help regain lost ammo due to the weapon's ammo consumption, although much lower than other rifles.
- New players may not have access to this mod.
- Update 14.0 buffed the MK1-Braton's damage and rate of fire to make it closer to the Braton in terms of performance.
- Originally, the MK1-Braton was unable to equip skins. This was eventually fixed in Hotfix 188.8.131.52
- Braton, an upgraded version of this gun.
- Braton Prime, the prime counterpart of Braton.
- Braton Vandal, an exclusive Lotus counterpart of Braton.