|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price: 25,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields and Grineer Machinery.
- Innate 10% Blast effect proc.
- Possesses momentum during regular swings, which resists interruption such as stagger or knockdown.
- Staggers all enemies on normal attacks.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Shattering Storm stance.
- Good critical chance.
- Extremely slow when unmodded.
- Low Slash damage – less effective against Infested, Flesh and Cloned Flesh.
- Lowest damage of all heavy weapons.
- Magistar, compared to Sancti Magistar:
- See Category:Magistar Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Magistar Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- As with other heavy weapons, the Magistar's wall attack is a horizontal circular swing that slowly swings the weapon around the Warframe, allowing it to hit enemies more easily compared to other wall attacks that require pinpoint precision. Unfortunately, this prevents the Magistar from using its wall attack to launch itself upwards, as it will perform the maneuver oriented horizontally regardless of where the Warframe is looking, making it fall instead.
- The Magistar also shares another unusual property with other heavy weapons, namely its tendency to shake the screen violently while blocking attacks.
- The name "Magistar" is based off a combination of the Latin magister, which means master or teacher, and morning star, a type of mace.
- In Update 15.1, the heavy melee weapon family received linear buffs across the board. The Magistar is notably the only one among the affected weapons (Magistar, Jat Kittag, Fragor, Gram, Galatine and Scindo (Prime) to also receive a nerf, having its attack rate lowered from 1.1 to 0.8.