The Magnus is a Tenno revolver added in Update 11.2. Among the basic weapons available from the market, it has a relatively good status chance.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High damage.
- High critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Good accuracy.
- Fast reload speed.
- Comes with a polarity.
- High recoil.
- Has a slight horizontal recoil as well as vertical, which increases spread when fired quickly.
- Magnus, compared to Akmagnus:
- Lower fire rate (5.83 rounds/sec vs. 6.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (8 rounds vs. 16 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.4 s vs. 2.4 s)
- More accurate (16 vs. 11)
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 12)
- See Category:Magnus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Magnus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Consider pairing Magnus with Ice Storm and/or Deep Freeze + Convulsion for increased effectiveness against shields.
- The Magnus works as a general-purpose version of the Sicarus, as it primarily deals Impact damage, while it deals such damage on semi-automatic. It also comes along with greater damages on both Slash and Puncture damages, plus a good status chance. The sacrificed characteristics are DPS, as the gun is not a burst-fire and it has a smaller magazine capacity.
- With a decent critical chance and damage to sport with, the Magnus can be equipped with Primed Pistol Gambit/Pistol Gambit to further increase the chances of critical hits. Adding Primed Target Cracker/Target Cracker will increase the critical damage dealt.
- Though the Magnus's recoil is manageable. Steady Hands can still prove beneficial, especially at longer ranges or when firing rapidly.
- While Magnus excels against shields and is moderately effective against Infested, it is somewhat disadvantaged against the flesh of Corpus Crewmen and most Grineer units.
- Magnus is Latin for "Big" or "Great".
- Its Reinforcements preview shows that it has 2.7 on its reload time, even though its actual reload time is 2.0 seconds. Both were released and shown at the same update.
- Unlike the Vasto, the Magnus is a break-action revolver, which means it is opened from its chamber to load a new cylinder.
- It seems to billow smoke from its chamber after a shot has been released.
- This particle emitter is prone to glitching, leaving the Magnus permanently smoking for the duration of the mission.
- The soundbite for dropping shells is played even though the Magnus is a revolver
- Akmagnus, the akimbo version of this revolver.