- Maiming Strike will grant a flat +90% chance to deal critical hits, in addition to the weapon's critical chance and mods. This effect only triggers for slide attacks.
- This stacks with Cat's Eye which gives a flat +60% critical chance to attacks.
- Maiming Strike does not affect ability weapons such as Exalted Blade, Valkyr Talons and Iron Staff.
- The +90% critical chance provided by Maiming Strike is multiplied by Blood Rush and the set mod effect of Gladiator Mods which leads to very high critical chances on slide attacks. See the full equation for details.
- Combining with Berserker on any melee weapon allows players to easily generate attack speed, with a stronger effect than Fury, for the same cost.
|Critical Hit Mods|
|Rifle||Chance||Point Strike • Critical Delay • Argon Scope|
|Damage||Vital Sense • Hammer Shot • Bladed Rounds|
|Shotgun||Chance||Blunderbuss • Critical Deceleration • Laser Sight|
|Damage||Ravage (Primed) • Shrapnel Shot|
|Pistol||Chance||Pistol Gambit (Primed) • Creeping Bullseye • Hydraulic Crosshairs|
|Damage||Target Cracker (Primed) • Hollow Point • Sharpened Bullets|
|Melee||Chance||Blood Rush • Maiming Strike • Sacrificial Steel • True Steel • True Punishment|
|Arbiters of Hexis|
|Melee||Body Count • Focused Defense • Blood Rush • Weeping Wounds • Maiming Strike|
|Rifle||Argon Scope • Bladed Rounds • Catalyzer Link • Guided Ordnance • Spring-Loaded Chamber|
|Shotgun||Shrapnel Shot • Laser Sight • Repeater Clip • Nano-Applicator • Narrow Barrel|
|Pistol||Hydraulic Crosshairs • Embedded Catalyzer • Sharpened Bullets • Targeting Subsystem • Pressurized Magazine|