|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Detonite Injector|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Very high base damage.
- Tied for third highest status chance of all secondaries alongside Akbronco Prime, Bronco Prime, Akstiletto Prime, and Cycron, behind the Tysis, Dual Toxocyst, Pox, and Vaykor Marelok.
- Good critical chance.
- High reload speed.
- Very good ammunition efficiency.
- Decent rate of fire.
- Has a polarity.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Below average critical damage.
- Inaccuracy is noticeable over long range.
- Low magazine size.
- High recoil.
- Marelok, compared to Vaykor Marelok:
- Equal base damage, but different composition:
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 20%)
- Lower status chance (30% vs. 35%)
- Smaller magazine (6 rounds vs. 10 rounds)
- Lack of an innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 10)
- See Category:Marelok Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Marelok Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Marelok is essentially a cut-down Grinlok, trading out accuracy for increased firepower and rate of fire. Like the Grinlok, its base stats are well-suited for builds that maximize the chance and damage of critical hits, and those that cause many status effects.
- The Marelok is a great sidearm for dealing with enemies at short to mid range for players who have a sniper or bow for their primary weapon. The Marelok's firepower is strong enough to be considered a sub-primary weapon.
- When used with Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Pistol Pestilence, Jolt, Frostbite and Scorch mods, the Marelok is capable of reaching 100% Status Chance, effectively procing at least two, if not three, status effects per shot.
- In order to reach the full fire-rate, one must fire the next shot just before the "lever-action" animation is completed.
- Due to the Marelok's low accuracy, additional bullets generated via Multishot will sometimes hit enemies behind or next to the main target, giving the illusion of Punch Through.
- For this reason, Magnum Force's accuracy penalty is very noticeable at higher ranks.
- The Marelok is likely named after the Mare's Leg, which refers to a lever-action rifle cut down to the size of a large pistol.
- Closer inspection reveals that the Marelok is indeed a Grinlok with its barrel and stock cut down to size and its magazine moved to the bottom of the gun.
- The Marelok's description initially misspelled it as Marelock. This was fixed shortly afterward.
- The Marelok is spun around the finger lever after every shot, which was mentioned in Devstream 22 to be a reference to a lever-action shotgun used in the movie Terminator 2.
- The Marelok was first showcased in Devstream 22 along with the Grinlok. It was supposed to be released alongside the Grinlok and come as a dual/akimbo weapon, but its release was delayed due to the additional coding required to handle the animations involved.
- The color scheme of the Marelok is darker compared to the Grinlok.
- Currently, the only Grineer units that use the Marelok are Shik Tal, and the Kuva Shield Lancer, with the former's Marelok having been modified to fire rockets rather than bullets.
- The Marelok appears to count towards the Rifle Kills challenge (As of U13.9).