Saryn pollutes the atmosphere with a lethally poisonous mist that corrodes all enemies in range. Deals additional damage to enemies under Toxin and Viral effects.
|Strength:250 / 275 / 300 / 350|
|Range:8 / 10 / 12 / 15 m|
- Saryn pollutes the environment with a caustic mist, inflicting 250 / 275 / 300 / 350 Corrosive damage per tick to enemies within 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters over a duration of 3 seconds.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength, Toxin and Viral status effects, and Molt.
- Miasma deals an additional 100% damage to enemies affected by either Toxin or Viral status effects and an additional 200% damage to enemies affected by both.
- Enemies need to be affected by these status effects at the time Miasma is cast to be dealt increased damage.
- Affected enemies are also briefly stunned.
- Stun duration is not affected by Ability Duration.
- If Miasma is cast within range of Molt, Molt will explode prior to Miasma's first instance of damage. Miasma's damage will be increased depending on the percentage of Molt's lost hitpoints when detonated.
- Damage multiplier uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength: To be added at a later date. Currently, the relationship between Ability Strength and the damage multiplier is nonlinear and rather unpredictable. This has been reported.
- Miasma's base damage uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength: Modified Base Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Toxin Damage Bonus + Viral Damage Bonus) × Molt Damage Multiplier × (1 + Ability Strength) (e.g., with a maxed Intensify, both status effects active, and a damage multiplier equal to 125% from Molt, a rank-3 Miasma's base damage will be increased to 350 × 3 × 1.25 × 1.3 = 1706.25 per tick).
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not diminish with distance.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Miasma will inflict a reduced tick of damage for non-integer durations (e.g., if Miasma's duration is 4.65 seconds, there will be a reduced damage tick for the final 0.65 seconds).
- The number of ticks uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Duration: Number of Ticks = 1 + 3 × (1 + Ability Duration) (e.g., with a maxed Continuity, Miasma will have 1 + 3 × 1.3 = 4.9 ticks of damage).
- Miasma's first instance of damage occurs upon initiation, and the succeeding damage ticks occur in one-second intervals. For non-integer durations, the final reduced damage tick will occur within a fraction of a second of the previous tick. Miasma inflicts a total of 1000 / 1100 / 1200 / 1400 Corrosive damage over its duration.
- Total damage uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength and Ability Duration: Total Damage = Modified Base Damage × Number of Ticks (e.g., with a maxed Continuity and Intensify and with no Molt or status effects active, a rank-3 Miasma will deal 350 × 1.3 × (1 + 3 × 1.3) = 2229.5 Corrosive damage over its duration).
- If recast on the same enemy, the duration is renewed.
- Radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Saryn's abilities mutate for bonus effects when used in tandem:
- Miasma will detonate Molt if its within range, and Molt's explosion will occur before Miasma's first instance of damage. Miasma's damage will be increased depending on the percentage of Molt's lost hitpoints when detonated and depending on Ability Strength.
- Miasma deals an additional 100% damage to enemies affected by Toxin status effects including those produced by Molt.
- Embolist or Acrid may be also used to inflict the toxin status effect, due to their innate 100% chance to proc a Toxin status effect.
- Saryn is immune to crowd control during the cast animation.
- Miasma can be used while sliding and while in the air.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 9.18 seconds and total damage to 3563.
- Reduces range to 5.1 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 1.2 seconds and total damage to 770.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 42 meters.
- Reduces damage to 140 per tick and total damage to 560.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 1305.5 per tick and total damage to 4164.55.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 1130.5 per tick and total damage to 3606.3.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Reduces duration to 2.18 seconds.
- Casting Miasma immediately after casting either Spores or Toxic Lash will cause Miasma's casting animation to bug, causing the player to be able to move while casting and rapidly cast Miasma.