Nyx invades the psyche of a target, confusing enemies and making them fight for the Tenno cause.
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s|
|Range:20 / 40 / 50 / 60 m|
- Nyx fully inhabits the mind of an enemy within a range of 20 / 40 / 50 / 60 meters, forcing them to fight for her team over a duration of 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- Cast range is affected by Power Range.
- Target is initially stunned for a brief duration.
- Mind-controlled targets are immune to friendly fire damage (you and your allies). As of Update 15.2 damage you and your team deal to them while the ability is active will be accumulated and then dealt to the enemy once the ability ends. Unalerted enemies that are mind-controlled will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks over the ability's duration.
- Critical hits are not taken in consideration to this damage.
- Only one target may be controlled at a time.
- Mind controlled enemies will not count toward Interception nodes, but instead they will be classed as neutral, offering no help nor hindrance to the capture of the node.
- If the target dies before Nyx finishes her casting animation, energy used for Mind Control will be refunded.
- Mind-controlled targets use their abilities to the benefit of the Tenno and to the detriment of their former allies. For example:
- The mines dropped by Mine Ospreys (including mines placed before the ability was used) will not hurt Nyx and her allies, but will hurt the Osprey's former allies.
- Security Cameras will ignore everything and never go into the alerted state. Turrets can behave unpredictably (using Mind Control on Turrets will make them fight for Nyx, but only when a camera activates them; in other words, Turrets can deactivate if the camera is destroyed or goes into the unalerted state.)
- Shield Ospreys will project shields on allies and defense objectives, although it is usually destroyed rather quickly. 200 shields are added to an ally's or objective's maximum shield capacity, and shields will be instantly recharged on contact.
- Brood Mothers, Drahk Masters, and Seekers will spawn units that fight for the Tenno's side until the ability ends.
- Mind-controlled Infested Ancients (Excluding Sanguine Ancients which have no passive buffs) will grant their Auras to nearby Tenno:
- Enemies have a chance to be disarmed by her passive only after the ability ends, assuming they survive any stored damage from allies.
- Mind Control will not work on bosses. However, the ability still applies a short duration stun.
- This is also true for Syndicate hunters and Lynx Turrets.
- Falling off a ledge when a target is Mind-controlled will prematurely end the ability.
- Mind Control overrides the effect of Chaos on the selected target but will not be overridden by Chaos. If cast during mind control, Chaos will not be applied to the target.
- Mind-controlled enemies with armor will appear as though they have no armor (yellow health bar is replaced by red health bar). The effect is purely visual, incoming damage is still reduced by armor, as all allied health bars do not reflect whether the unit is armored or not.
- Eximus enemies under Mind Control will focus their attacks on enemies instead. They will still project their damaging special auras (such as a large fire wave) but these will not damage allies over the ability's duration. In particular useful terms, Arctic Eximus will slightly slow down all other enemies in range while also providing protection for itself with it's snow-globe like shield.
- Eximus will not however grant nearby allies elemental damage or resistance, unlike when they are surrounded by enemies.
- Mind controlled Techs and Fusion MOAs STILL produce hostile units when they are damaged enough.
- Drahks and Hyekkas spawned by their mind controlled masters will become hostile again if the duration ends, or the master is killed. It is unknown why this happens as the targets were spawned as allies to the tenno.
- When Mind Control is cast, an energy tether briefly links Nyx to her target as a visual indicator. The mind-controlled target will be marked with the symbol of the Lotus for the ability's duration along with waves of energy flowing over them, colored by your energy color.
- Toggleable since Update 15.5.5. Recasting Mind Control without a target prematurely ends the effect, while recasting on a new target releases the old target.
- Enemies under mind control can be healed by friendly sources, to the benefit or detriment to the team:
- Radiation will prematurely end the ability when it procs on Mind Controlled enemies.
- Rarely, Mind Control will reverse an enemies ability to set off alarms, and if by a rare chance the enemy decides to "activate" already activated alarms, the enemy will actually turn them off (including lifting a complete lockdown into a system wide alert instead). (not sure if this happens anymore as it was already rare before)
- Safeguard can be cast on mind controlled targets.
- Main article: Mind Freak
- Mind Control can be used to both neutralize powerful enemies like Heavy Gunners and Techs, and use them as temporary allies.
- Leech Eximus Enemies can make powerful allies as they can both (usually) deal large amounts of damage with their extended survivability, and withstand most damage taken that is returned after the ability expires.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 84.6 seconds.
- Reduces cast range to 20.4 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 12 seconds.
- Reduces armor by 5%.
- Maximized Power Range increases cast range to 150 meters.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Strength has no positive effect on this ability.
- Increases cost to 38.75 energy.