Release Date: July 18, 2014
Mysterious and mischievous, Mirage manipulates the spectrum of light to dazzle her foes. With deceitful mirror images, colorful photokinetic displays and explosive pranks up her sleeves, every battlefield becomes the stage for her next performance. Mirage was unveiled in Update 14.0.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprint Price: 35000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Component blueprints are awarded at the end of each mission for the Hidden Messages quest. The previously awarded component must be built to obtain the next components.
“I am the Lotus. I will guide you, but we must hurry.”Guides are created by users like you. They aren't as strictly regulated as most pages, so keep an eye out for dated or subjective information.
Have your own build and playstyle? You can contribute too! Instructions are within.
See Category:Mirage Guides to read user-made guides on how to play this Warframe.
- It is advisable not to dispose of Mirage as of now, as currently the Quest to obtain Mirage can't be redone.
- However, Mirage possesses a Prime variant.
- Mirage ties with Nova for second highest default sprint speed (behind Loki at 1.25).
- Mirage is the first Warframe that requires an Argon Crystal to construct the entire Warframe instead of a single Orokin Cell.
- Mirage does, however, require an Orokin Cell to craft each component for a total of three required cells.
- Mirage is the first Warframe to not require any Rubedo.
- Currently, Mirage has the second-lowest base health of any Warframe at 80 (Ivara, Loki, Mag and Nezha having 75).
- In the game Mirage first appeared on the fire damage/status chance mods rewarded from the Operation Breeding Grounds event, shown with the new Sybaris and Pyrana.
- Her second appearance is in a teaser trailer revealed on day 5 on www.theliset.com, the teaser site for Update 14.
- Details of one of Mirage's abilities, internally named the "Comedy of Errors", (now named Sleight Of Hand and is her second ability) were leaked in Devstream 31.
- Mirage's design aesthetic is based on the harlequin, and has an alternate helmet named so.
- Both helmet designs also have elements inspired by the cuttlefish, particularly the body of the default helmet and the face of the alternate. Cuttlefish have been the subject of much recent study for their ability to perceive polarized light and to produce complex shifting patterns on their skin.
- Mirage's third ability, Eclipse, has visual effects that evoke the phrase smoke and mirrors. Many tricks of stage magic and illusion are performed with the aid of special mirrors, lighting and distracting bursts of smoke, hence the idiom "It's all done with smoke and mirrors." The phrase has entered wider usage to refer to other sorts of fraud and deception, especially when hidden by some flashy display.
- She is the third frame with an ultimate power that toggles and does not cost 100 energy to cast, the others being Nyx, Banshee, Mesa, Chroma, Inaros, Nidus and Equinox.
- Prism is the first ability to have both a toggle and a maximum duration.
- Barring Prime variants, Mirage is the 20th Warframe released.
- Mirage is the first Warframe that can be obtained through a quest.
- Mirage was the first Warframe that is known to participate in the Sentient War that occurred before the events of the game while the second one would be Gara.
- Mirage seemed to know she was going to die as she knew Lotus was lying to her as she laughed when she was telling her she was going to pick her up.
- Even more strange is the fact that she was very close to Lotus, like as if they were partners, unlike the other quest frames like Limbo and (to a extent as she's only heard of him) Chroma.
- Mirage is the first quest-driven Warframe that has a Prime variant.