Missions are the main game component in Warframe. Each mission has a specific objective, although the objective can change during the mission. The playable area (Maps) in missions are randomly generated using pre-designed rooms and halls, and missions have a chance to include environmental hazards in the beginning of the mission.
Each mission is normally populated by one specific faction designated as the enemy, but it is possible for two different factions to appear in a mission. Infested have been found with Grineer and Corpus in the same level, yet it appears that the Grineer/Corpus should have already been taken over by the technocyte plague already. The reason why they are unaffected remains a mystery.
Completion of the objective and successful extraction nets the player bonus experience, credits, as well as the mission completion reward. It is necessary to complete the mission to retain items obtained during the mission such as mods. When a player is in a Cell with other players it is easier to complete the mission overall, but it may be harder to complete the mission's Challenge Reward.
Mousing over any node will give a mission description. This includes:
- Target - The faction populating the mission, This will likely be one of the three factions: Corpus, Grineer, Infested.
- Mission Type - The type of mission expected.
- Levels - Range of the enemy levels expected.
The mouse over will also reveal the user name of a solar landmark to honor a "Grand Master" founder, shown in the bottom right of the planet info box.
Completing a mission will open up the next mission nodes. Missions completed will display a blue node. Missions available but not yet completed will show a yellow node. Missions that are not available for a player will appear as gray locks. Diamonds are links to other planets. The number of missions available to a player in a planet is given in the top right of the planet info box.
There are currently 10 types of mission in Warframe. Sometimes, a second mission type and/or Secondary Objectives will randomly be included, but will not be known or made available until the first mission is completed. A list of all missions can be seen here.
An Explanation of each mission can be found through the navigation bar.
|Assassination • Capture • Deception • Endless Defense • Exterminate • Mobile Defense • Raid • Rescue • Sabotage • Spy|
- The missions are all named after real physical locations and objects that exist in the solar system as recognized by the International Astronomical Union.
- The Corpus and Grineer have two different sets of rooms, and the infested can be found on either one. For now, many Grineer missions are on Corpus tile sets.
- When multiple factions appear on the map, they are generally hostile to one another.
Affinity - Artifact - Cell - Challenge Reward - Clan - Colour Picker Extension - Combat Maneuvers - Credits - Damage - Experience