Shedding her skin like a snake, Saryn leaves a decoy behind to draw fire from enemies.
|Strength:150 / 300 / 400 / 500 (health)|
240 / 300 / 350 / 400 (explosion damage)
|Duration:14 / 24 / 32 / 40 s|
|Range:5 / 6 / 7 / 10 m|
- Saryn sheds her skin, removing all existing status effects and leaving behind a decoy that draws enemy fire. With 400 shields and 150 / 300 / 400 / 500 health, the decoy will last for a maximum of 14 / 24 / 32 / 40 seconds. The decoy will explode if it loses all of its hitpoints or if its duration expires, inflicting 240 / 300 / 350 / 400 Toxin damage with a 100% status chance within a radius of 5 / 6 / 7 / 10 meters.
- Health and explosion damage are affected by Ability Strength.
- Explosion damage does not bypass obstacles in the environment and diminishes with distance.
- Toxin status effect deals 50% of the explosion damage per tick over 11 ticks in 10 seconds. Duration-based status effects are prolonged due to Saryn's passive.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Deploying Molt while one is already active will cause the previous Molt to explode.
- Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Molt is placed at Saryn's current position, mirroring her pose and elevation; however for clients, Molt will sometimes be in a default standing position.
- Molt's shields regenerate over time and can be buffed with the use of allied Shield Ospreys, whether in Specter or Mind Controlled forms.
- Saryn's abilities mutate for bonus effects when used in tandem:
- Multiple instances of Spores can be cast on Molt. Spores' damage will not damage Molt.
- When cast on Molt, Spores energy cost is reduced by 50%.
- When Molt explodes, all spores will burst simultaneously and infect enemies within the spread radius. Molt's explosion can also detonate spores on nearby infected enemies.
- Miasma will detonate Molt if its within range, and Molt's explosion will occur before Miasma's first instance of damage. Miasma's damage will be increased depending on the percentage of Molt's lost hitpoints when detonated and depending on Ability Strength.
- Miasma deals an additional 100% damage to enemies affected by Toxin status effects including those produced by Molt.
- Embolist or Acrid may be also used to inflict the toxin status effect, due to their innate 100% chance to proc a Toxin status effect.
- Elemental augment mods, such as Ember's Fireball Frenzy, can be applied to Molt. The damage augment will not affect the explosion damage or damage type upon Molt's expiration.
- Molt cannot be knocked down or moved and acts as a physical object, unlike Loki's Decoy.
- Molt will slowly vaporize and dissipate for its duration, eventually exploding once it nearly vanishes.
- Can be cast in all states (except while upside down in a flip jump or while dodging) and can be reused instantly.
- Does not have a cast time or animation.
- Main article: Regenerative Molt
|Rank||Health per Tick||Cost|
- Using during a well timed jump can result it being low enough for enemies to target, such as Infested or Melee units, but be more protected from most melee attacks. (Ancients will still be able to reach, as well as the knockback damage from Leapers).
- Place Molt in locations which can protect it from enemy attacks to maximize its survival.
- If Molt is closer to the enemy than the player, enemies will (normally) focus it. Applies to the caster as well as other players, unless the use aggro increasing abilities such as Nyx's Absorb or Rhino's Iron Skin.
- It can be used as protection from enemy fire, when you revive an downed teammate.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 122.4 seconds.
- Reduces range to 3.4 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces duration to 16 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 28 meters.
- Reduces health to 200 and explosion damage to 160.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases health to 1865 and explosion damage to 1492.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases health to 1615 and explosion damage to 1292.
- Increases cost to 77.5 energy.
- Reduces duration to 29 seconds.