Nikana's blueprint can be purchased from the Tenno Lab interface in the Dojo once it has been researched.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 48 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Deals high Slash damage, effective against Infested, Flesh and Cloned Flesh, and cuts enemies in half most of the time unmodded.
- High base damage.
- The slide attack has high damage and is executed very quickly.
- Comes with a polarity, perfect for attack boosting mods.
- Comes with a polarity, ideal for North Wind or Channeling mods like Life Strike.
- Properly modded, the Slash damage can effectively cut every enemy in half.
- Low Puncture and Impact damage makes it less effective against armor and shields.
- Two-slash combo without a stance mod.
- Air slam attack has a minuscule knockdown radius; it appears that a direct hit is needed to knockdown an enemy.
- Nikana, compared to Dragon Nikana:
- Nikana, compared to Nikana Prime:
- See Category:Nikana Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Nikana Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Nikana is the first melee weapon released that is used as a component to craft its more powerful version, the Dragon Nikana.
- The word "Katana (刀)" refers to both the sword and the style in which it is wielded. In comparison to the similar "Tachi (太刀)", the Katana typically has a shallower curve and is worn on the belt with cutting edge facing up whereas the former has a deeper curve and is hung from a cord on the belt with cutting edge facing down. There are, however, exceptions.
- Blocking involves pulling out the weapon with the blade still sheathed (similar to the blocking stance for normal longsword weapons). The actual blocking animation involves parrying with both the blade and the sheathe separately.
- The Tenno fighting style with the Tranquil Cleave stance for the Nikana is highly reminiscent of Iaido, a type of martial art in which the sword is quickly pulled from its scabbard to cut an enemy, cleaned of blood, then sheathed again, often in two or three fluid motions. In contrast, the Decisive Judgement stance is more reminiscent of the Kenjutsu fighting style, which is drawing the sword and using it with both hands.
- The Nikana is wielded by the Excalibur Warframe in many of the recent trailers for Warframe along with appearing in Loki's hands in the layout of warframe.com making the Nikana one of the most current iconic weapons of Warframe.
- Spelling Nikana backwards will result in Anakin, a reference to the Star Wars antagonist Darth Vader, who is also known as Anakin Skywalker. This was revealed as intentional in Devstream 107.