Release Date: December 18th, 2013
Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Endowed with zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills, he is a balanced fighter with assault and supportive capabilities. Oberon came to light in Update 11.5.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 325||Blueprint Price: 30,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
Component blueprints drop from Eximus units. All Eximus units have a 1% chance to drop a component blueprints, which has a 38.72% to be the Neuroptics, 38.72% to be the Chassis, and 22.56% to be the Systems. There is an expected 578-579 Eximus kills to obtain each component at least once and 4,500±1,100 to be nearly guaranteed each component at least once.
“I am the Lotus. I will guide you, but we must hurry.”Guides are created by users like you. They aren't as strictly regulated as most pages, so keep an eye out for dated or subjective information.
Have your own build and playstyle? You can contribute too! Instructions are within.
See Category:Oberon Guides to read user-made guides on how to play this Warframe.
- Oberon (also spelled Auberon) is classically portrayed as a king of the fairies in medieval and Renaissance literature. He is best known as a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream, in which he is Consort to Titania, Queen of the Fairies.
- Oberon shares his name with a mission node on Uranus, which in astronomy corresponds to one of Uranus' moons. (Titania follows this same trend.)
- Developer Digital Extremes has described Oberon's ability design as based around the idea of a Paladin or Druid.
- Oberon was first constructed under the name Paladin. (datamined, Lotus/StoreItems/Powersuits/Paladin)
- In its first conception, Oberon's Hallowed Ground ability was called "Stairway to Heaven".
- Oberon's visual design is likely modeled after the white stag, a rare, pale-pelted deer that plays a mythological role in many cultures.
- In Arthurian legend, the white stag was said to be nearly impossible to capture and seeing a white stag was an omen that it was time for the knights of the kingdom to pursue a quest.
- Oberon bears the white stag's likeness with his pale coat, antlered default helmet, and cervine hooves.
- Oberon's close ties to the Madurai polarity — a sharp, sweeping symbol linked primarily to damage mods — reinforce his theme as a zealous warrior.
- Previously, Oberon's blueprints were obtained in the Everest, Earth assassination mission by the old model of Councillor Vay Hek. (This changed in Update 13.0 by which the blueprints are now dropped by Eximus units in any mission they appear.)
- Compared to the construction materials of other Warframes, which are often similar, Oberon's assembly is the only one requiring two Orokin Cells and two Gallium.
- Oberon shares a similar physical build with Nekros, having slender arms and legs in comparison to most male Warframes.
- Oberon has two separate idle animations for primary weapons.
- Oberon is the 3rd tallest frame, surpassed only by Limbo and Chroma.
- The curving spikes on Oberon's shoulders are considered customizable Armor parts; equipping alternative arm plates will replace them.