The Obex is a set of Corpus-built hand and foot guards designed for close combat. Compared to the Kogake, the Obex sacrifices damage for attack speed and critical chance, allowing its wielders to defeat their enemies with a flurry of punches and kicks.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High attack speed.
- Tied for third highest critical chance for melee weapons with Atterax, Dual Cleavers (Prisma), Dual Ichor, Dual Zoren and Prisma Obex.
- High damaging finishing blow, similar to the Furax and Kogake.
- Jump attack has a wide slam radius (6m).
- Jump and Slide attacks ragdoll enemies.
- Slam attack deals Electricity Damage.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Brutal Tide stance.
- Can use the Obex-exclusive Entropy Detonation Augment mod.
- Short range.
- Low base damage.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Obex, compared to Prisma Obex:
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 30%)
- Lower attack speed (1 vs. 1.33)
- See Category:Obex Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Obex Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Slam attack deals Electricity damage which does increased damage against Corpus robots, but not to shields or humanoids.
- Slide attack does not involve spinning, but rather causes the Warframe to perform a handspring, finishing with a kick that sends enemies flying, ragdolling them.
- Jump attacks destroy Ospreys very easily.
- While using Valkyr, you can use Rip Line then perform a melee attack to turn it into a wall attack which deals massive damage.
- Obex is Latin for "Barrier".
- If the Melee button is pressed repeatedly as the Obex is being used in a long succession, this generates two spheres of energy around that can last about 5 seconds, depending on how long the user attacks. This process also produces flames in each hand.
- Unlike the Kogake, when equipped on Vauban the weapon does not clip the mesh on his feet. Instead, it fits his boxy figure flawlessly.
- Using the jump attack to knock down an enemy who is in the midst of attempting to initiate a lockdown has a tendency to cause a lockdown to occur immediately.
- When equipped with the Loki Knave Skin, it doesn't appear at all.
- Kogake, a similar weapon.
- Prisma Obex, the Void Trader version of this weapon, sold by Baro Ki'Teer.