- All "charge weapons" (guns) are capable of holding their charge during a sprint, and as long as the user starts the charge, they are able to finish charging while they are still sprinting. This allows for more mobility to the user such as charging their weapon in cover, then run into the room and to unleash their first shot at first sight at the enemy immediately.
- Using elevators and opening coop doors also does not cancel the charge, however hacking consoles and opening lockers will.
- Sliding when you are about to hit the ground (from any height) is very useful for keeping your charge instead of losing it by rolling.
- While wall running will not cancel the charge, edge grabbing will.
- Pressing reload during a charge will cancel it regardless of ammo remaining.
- Enemy bullets can cause the Ogris' Rockets to explode prematurely. Consider:
- Firing indirectly at your target (shooting the ground/walls around them)
- Waiting for the enemy to stop firing before you release your rocket.
- AoE effects such as the Napalm's hazards can also destroy rockets.
- Using the Speed Trigger mod can greatly decrease down-time for this weapon.
- Affects both Charge time and attack speed but missile speed is unaffected.
- Consider the enemy factions:
- The Grineer have a mix of large crowds and dangerous heavy enemies that cannot be ignored. Both are equally dangerous; either picking off tougher enemies first or clearing groups first are both valid options with priorities depending on the situation at hand.
- Grineer Shield Lancers can block the impact of the Ogris only, but they'll take the full damage of the explosion that comes after this impact.
- On the other hand, the Infested move very quickly and are not always grouped for easy crowd-kills. Very often you will have a few enemies blocking rockets with their speed for their swarming allies. Against the Infested focus on killing heavy units first, especially Disruptor and Toxic Ancients, and then clean up the remainder.
- Three or more team members using the Infested Impedance aura can increase the efficiency by slowing them down enough to where you can fire with ease.
- Firestorm can be considered a damage multiplier as it increases the effective area of the explosion. As damage gets stronger closer to the epicenter of the explosion extending the range of the explosion also increases the effective damage area(s). Also, a combination with mid/high rank Heavy Caliber and Split Chamber increase its effectiveness because each of separated missile will travel to different spot, resulting in wider area of explosion radius and more multikills. This combination is extremely effective in Endless Defense Mission such as Orokin Derelict Defense (ODD) and Wave Defense Mission such as Orokin Void Defense (ODV).
- Having a sentinel with a Guardian mod will come in handy when taking too much damage from the rockets.
Suicidal Damage EvasionEdit
- Carry a close-ranged sidearm when using the Ogris.
- Consider using the Kestrel melee weapon as it's ranged charge attack can be used to push a nearby enemy away, allowing you to use your Ogris to kill it. This is usually faster than changing to your secondary and back (The Kestrel is unique among thrown melee weapons in this respect as it will "push" or ragdoll enemies with its charge attack).
- Evaluate the risk of massive self-damage before engaging enemies at close-range with this weapon.
- Be wary of passing players and enemies when lining a shot up. Mistimed shots could result in a close proximity explosion dealing damage to yourself.
- Consider telling your team members to avoid standing / moving in front of you to prevent a self-incapacitation or simply stand where players would not normally pass in front of you such as a ledge or on top of a box.
- When using this weapon at close range jumping back usually brings you outside of the blast radius.
- When rushed by the enemy fire an intercept shot behind them and let the AOE catch them; an adjacent wall or ceiling target is ideal to reduce the chance of accidentally hitting the oncoming mob.
- If your defensive position inside a snow globe is overrun consider exiting the globe and shooting it (from a safe distance); the rocket will impact on the globe but the blast will penetrate and damage those within the blast radius as normal.
AoE Mechanic TipsEdit
This section is for those of you who do not know how to use a rocket launchers' AoE effect against multiple targets.
- The closer the target is to the epicenter of the explosion the more damage it will take; Firestorm can be considered a damage modifier mod as it extends the effective AoE.
- Due to the nature of the Ogris's charging time, projectile travel time, and explosive properties, try to plan where you want the rockets to hit before firing.
- If you are caught in a situation where you must engage enemies where you will be within blast radius, charge a rocket and then dive backwards while firing. This will reduce the chances of an accident.
- The AoE blast can be useful for taking out enemies behind cover. Aiming at a nearby wall or patch of floor situated behind them will render their cover useless.
- An enemy's hitbox can provide cover for those behind it. Aim at the middle of the ground when attacking incoming groups.
- Firing from higher elevations makes greater use of its AoE damage.
- Firing at an Artic Eximus with a "snow globe" will usually kill the Eximus
As of Update 9.7, Punch Through (formerly Puncture) now works with the Ogris. While rockets do not explode when they punch through, they will still deal the impact damage shown in the infobox (not the 500 AoE damage).
If the punch through distance does not exceed that of the object the projectile initially makes contact with, the rocket will explode immediately inside the target, dealing no radius damage at all. As such it is important to adjust your Punch Through level.
Punch Through TipsEdit
- Punch through can be used as a safety net as rockets can pass through other players.
- Using walls to blow up rockets to use splash damage may not work all the time, as your rocket may decide to punch through the targeted object.
- Punch through may not be completely reliable for projectile weapons (does not work all the time), so the risk for self-harm is still present.
As of Update 10.4, Heavy Caliber's accuracy reduction makes rockets spread.
- Heavy Caliber is a straight up damage multiplier that decreases accuracy to a terrible point. Even shooting a mid-range targets will have the risk of completely missing.
Heavy Caliber CombinationsEdit
- Split Chamber gives the Ogris another rocket that lands in a different location due to the accuracy debuff from Heavy Caliber.
- Firestorm when coupled with Split Chamber is especially effective as it increases the overall effective range of the Ogris as well as the damage dealt from each individual explosion.
- Shred's punch through is somewhat negated with Heavy Caliber as the rockets no longer land in the same spot as one another. This means even if one rocket passes through an enemy and does not blow up the other rocket will still have a chance of blowing up.