|Orokin modification technology used to super-charge weaponry.|
The Orokin Catalyst is an item used to supercharge Weapons, doubling their mod capacity.
They can either be bought for 20 or assembled in the Foundry after finding its respective blueprint. These blueprints can be obtained one of three ways:
- From alert missions. (An alert mission every other friday will give a Reactor or Catalyst )
- From third-tier login reward.
- From Invasion missions
After being built, the blueprint disappears, requiring that it must be obtained again to build another Orokin Catalyst.
|Build Time||24 hours|
Applying Orokin Catalyst to a weaponEdit
Once you have an Orokin Catalyst, to install it on a weapon, go into Arsenal, equip the weapon and press Upgrade. If you look above the mod slots, you will see a spot with a darkened Orokin Catalyst glowing, with the words upgrade under it. Press it and you will install the Catalyst.
How it worksEdit
An applied Orokin Catalyst will double the mod capacity of a weapon. This increases the total power that can be consumed by mods, but not the number of mod slots. A rank 1 weapon with a Catalyst installed will have a capacity of 2, which will increase to 60 at rank 30. Unlike Formas, Catalysts can only be applied to a weapon once.
It does not matter when the Catalyst is installed; the capacity of a weapon with a Catalyst installed will always be double its rank.
- Orokin Catalysts are often referred to by players as 'blue potatoes' (as opposed to Orokin Reactors, called 'golden potatoes'), or in some cases, simply 'potatoes.' This may have originated from the devs, who have occasionally referred to them as potatoes.
- The Potato T-Shirt available in the official Warframe merchandise store is a reference to this.
- Weapons bought with platinum from the Market come pre-installed with a Catalyst and their own weapon slot.